Jambands.ca

Google page creator

bouche

Google's released yet another really cool AJAX powered web-app.

Google Page Creator

Just use your google/gmail account to login and you can create simple pages pretty easily. It might be a good way to catalog a music collection for instance.

My page sucks, but I think I might be able to use this to make really funny posts that need more formatting than the sanctuary allows ;)

I'm on the waiting list for all three of my gmail accounts (personal/cd trading/web site registration). Although, I'm only taking the first one that is available, until I check it out.

My first thought was cataloging my music collection & getting off of (Ph)shithhook.com. Have to see if it works with CGI files (phishhook back-up files) in the same way (or similar) as transfering lists between db & phishhook, if it doesn't, then I doubt I would take the time to re-write or even cut & paste all text info from my list to the google page. But thats somthing I'll have to see when or if I get my page.

On another similar note,

I find it funny that gmail is still invite only, I have 300 invites & I know its impossible to ever pass out that many...I wonder when they plan to move from beta..LOL

I thought I had heard that you didn't need an invite to join gmail anymore. I personally love Gmail. It's my personal database that I can access anywhere. I store recipes, ideas, lyrics, etc in there.

There is enough functionality within GooglePages to do a catalog. You can create an index page/homepage, and then create linked pages after that. It's very wiki-like.

Uploading and laying out images is pretty good since you just drag them around. You don't need to set any image aligning properties. I like that.

I've tried Gmail, and, using Firefox, there's one thing I hate about it: I can't right-click on a message to open it up in a new window. I have to left-click on it, which takes me into the message, but then I have to go back to get to the list of all messages. I can do this in Yahoo! mail; am I missing something with Gmail?

Aloha,

Brad

I thought I had heard that you didn't need an invite to join gmail anymore. I personally love Gmail. It's my personal database that I can access anywhere. I store recipes, ideas, lyrics, etc in there.

There is enough functionality within GooglePages to do a catalog. You can create an index page/homepage, and then create linked pages after that. It's very wiki-like.

Uploading and laying out images is pretty good since you just drag them around. You don't need to set any image aligning properties. I like that.

Well, seems enough people accept the invites or request em still, I personally couldn't open another account without sending myself an invite. (3 weeks back). I have no problem with gmail either, although to me its just another email, I keep any info like the stuff you mentioned above on my HDD or CDR. I'd rather lose my texts, addresses or whatever else from a HDD crash knowing the info is still safe with me instead of having my gmail account hacked and knowing that stuff was in somebody elses hands. And this has happened to some gmail users already, unfortunatley.

As for my list, I did some checking and I will not be able to simply transfer my entire list over, I will need to enter each show & all its text info manually (at best cut & paste). That would be a month long job on its own and certianly not worth my time.

I see alot awesome uses for google pages, but just not for me. Unless I decide to make my blog public.

By "wiki-like" do you mean misinformation entered by anyone? I always cross-reference wiki info now since I read awhile back Bob Dylan was born Canadian. (since edited & corrected). ;)

Well, I could easily cut & paste text info from a bands website and add it to wiki like others but I don't see the point myself, since I prefer to go directly to a bands site for info on them. But thats just me.

Did you know Frank Zappa played drums not guitar? Someone did, until it was edited on wiki...LOL.. if I can find the thread again on the other website I frequent I'll PM you the link, it was a thread about misinformation of wiki. Quite funny really.