Jambands.ca

Who's got my heady job? (seriously)

YearsAlongTheSea

So, I was recently 'laid-off' from a temp position that I held for one month, where I counted out auto parts in a warehouse. While the job came through in a pinch monetarily, it left a little to be desired in the 'worker satisfaction' department, and I couldn't be happier with my new-found unemployment. But, such is life; a new job is needed.

So, if anyone knows anyone who is hiring for anything, please let me know. Have their people call my people. I've done just about everything you can rip out of the back of a classifieds section, from serving coffee to building yatch sails and beyond, so, any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I've heard of this guy. We spoke of said harbourfront and I looked into it and they aren't hiring for a while and the pay is a little *megh* if you don't weld. I also heard from this welder fellow that you may be coming to the GTA. Stellar.

And to everyone else:

If you feel like hiring me,

And the spot is open,

I'll second that emotion.

Edit to add: This is post 411; the infamous "information post"

News update: The temp agency called and I'm going back to work at some other factory type setting. It's been an awsome bout with unemployment but I guess it's back to the grind.

That being said, as I delve back into the world of what is guaranteed to be a terrible job, I would still appreciate any heads up as to good jobs open in and around the GTA as job hunting is tough when you have a job.

And Basher, I know what you're going to say and I'm honored; but I haven't gotten around to finishing University and I don't think I'm qualified to be CEO of Basher Enterprises.

Any record stores hiring?

Any promoters need assistance?

Do I need to whore myself out to the auto industry or should I pimp myself to the executive crowd downtown? Sell my body to the street so to speak?

Here's one.

POSTING #100-06-55

(Internal/External Posting)

NON UNION POSITION

The Near North District School Board

Requires

1.0 Permanent Database Administrator

(effective immediately)

Location: Information Technology Department at the Head Office in North Bay

Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, the Database Administrator will play an integral role in maintaining and tuning the Board’s databases, servers and networks for optimum performance.

Duties and Responsibilities:

· Develop, operate and maintain database services

· Ensure operational availability of databases including setup and monitoring of appropriate backup routines, disaster recovery facilities, and the monitoring and tuning of database systems to ensure adequate performance

· Implement and maintain specific databases for collection, tracking, and reporting of data, as well as assisting with SQL programming, data analysis and maintenance

· Recruit, lead, guide, supervise and train employees performing related work as appropriate to the area of operation

Qualifications:

· Minimum 3 year post-secondary degree/diploma in Information Technology

· Minimum 5 years experience with MS SQL, database administration, SQL Programming, system scripting, Visual Basic and Oracle in a VMS and Windows environment

· Proven expertise with database storage structures

· Experience with student information management systems, administrative school board business management systems and ECNO applications would be an asset

Skills Required:

· Strong analytical and organization skills

· Effective problem solving and process analysis skills

· Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks

· Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational and communication skills

· Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team

· Ability to develop and utilize various resources to accomplish tasks

Annual Salary: $53,559.00

Qualified applicants should submit a covering letter and resume by 12:00 noon on Monday, February 27, 2006 to:

Chantal Colquhoun, Human Resources Administrator

Near North District School Board

P.O. Box 3110, North Bay, ON P1B 8H1

Fax: (705) 472-5412 Phone: (705) 472-8170

Email: colquhounc@nearnorth.edu.on.ca