Jambands.ca

i need space!

Birdy

i'm really not computer savy by any means and am currently having a space crisis on my laptop. my c drive keeps popping up with warnings of low capacity and i'm afraid i can't delete or compress any more.

so i'm shopping for something that will give me some flexibility and space to store all the stuff i want to.

is my best bet a zip drive? i honestly have no idea but am looking to store up to 30-40 GB.

does anyone have any suggestions of where i could look?

thanks!

You can get external hard drives that connect by USB.

You can get 80 gig or so for $100 or less. Future shop and Best Buy have them for sure, but shop around at an independent store for a better deal.

ZIP drives used disks that were like floppies but stored 100Meg. They were pretty expensive and have been obsolete for a few years now.

You can even just buy a decent 200 geg hard drive for about 100 bucks and then an enclosure thingy for about 60 which will allow you to hook it in via USB. Chances are you'd need USB 2.0 though. I haven't much research on this, but that's the route I'm going to take to get more space on my iMac.

I have a 250 gig hard drive with external usb case and it kicks ass. I can bring it anywhere and my entire music/movie collection almost fits on it. It's like the superman of usb keys. The problem is that these drives have to be plugged in but who gives a shit.

TIP: Don't buy a pre assembled hard-drive/case. Get a hard drive and get a case and put the drive in it. This way if you ever need to you can pull the drive out easily and plop it into a desktop computer.