Jambands.ca

CIBC stealin' phish riffs

TonyRage

So I'm on my way home from work just now, tuned to the Mighty Q and this commercial comes on for CIBC's bonus Savings Accnt. I shit you not, the riff playing under the voiceover is a muzak version of YEM (the funky boy man god shit part). Anyone else hear this?

I think i can 1up ya.

Willy and I were playing a little novelty flying disc while at FT and we were listening to an Old And In the Way show from 1974 (sorry not sure of the exact date) and I heard what i thought was Tweezer coming from Vasser's fiddle. So i asked everyone around what they thought and damn if it wasn't spot on EXACTLY Tweezer. The part in question is the "Won't you step into the freezer, seize it with a tweezer" riff, the most popular riff possibly in Phish lore.

Backbacon can help me out with the date if there are any squabbles.

Seriously man, i wonder if any of the Phishes were listening to this tape and decided to make an entire song out of the Vasser riff.

Curious.

quote:

Originally posted by Schwa.:

Backbacon can help me out with the date if there are any squabbles..

I'm not sure what the date of it was... I think maybe it was Heather McWarmscarf's disc... in which case, I think maybe it was a show she rec'd from Del-Hed, in which case, after a quick look at his show list, it must be this show:

Old And In The Way

Date: 1973-11-04

Venue: California State College Sonoma, Cotati, CA

Source: SBD (DAT: MSR>?>D>CD)

Quality: A+

Notes: Disc 1:

1.Going To The Races

2.Catfish John

3.Eating Out Of Your Hand

4.Lonesome Fiddle Blues

5.Land Of The Navajo

6.Old & In The Way Breakdown

7.Panama Red

8.Pig In A Pen

9.Fanny Hill

10.Hobo Song

11.Wild Horses

12.White Dove

Disc 2:

1.Lonesome L.A. Cowboy

2.Drifting Too Far From The Shore

3.Wicked Path Of Sin

4.Knockin' On Your Door

5.Uncle Pen

6.High Lonesome Sound

7.Just A Tramp On The Street

8.All Around The Watertank

9.Midnight Moonlight

10.Orange Blossom Special

I have this show and'll give it a listen later. Maybe we can get to the bottom of this. It appears my one disc copy of this show is missing some songs though so I might be wasting my time anyways. My copy is missing these songs:

2.Drifting Too Far From The Shore

3.Wicked Path Of Sin

4.Knockin' On Your Door

5.Uncle Pen

6.High Lonesome Sound

It actually sounded like we were listening to the "Tweezer" from the 'Gone Phishin' bluegrass Phish tribute. Maybe it was just filler on the disc we were listening to.

quote:

Originally posted by backbacon:

quote:

Originally posted by Schwa.:

Backbacon can help me out with the date if there are any squabbles..

It actually sounding like we were listening to the "Tweezer" from the 'Gone Phishin' bluegrass Phish tribute. Maybe it was just filler on the disc we were listening to.

That's exactly what I was about to suggest- and a good idea for philler for an O&ItW disc

Archived