Jambands.ca

Heard any tunes off Ween quebec?

kung

It's not actually out yet is it. I've got an untitled (just listed as '? quebec New Album' on Kazaa). It's probably called 'Whisky Frisky Prick' from the chorus 'she's a whiskey frisky prick'. It's really weirdly orchestrated, fits in their oeuvre but somehow is a major update unlike some of the previous albums. The content's still the same but that one sounds like some strange ass quebecois low roller anthem.

No dude but I'm dying to hear that shit

ha ha ha

all I know is Ween seem to have a Neil Young-like desire to mix it up from album to album... and I'm pretty positive I won't be dissapointed... ("quebec"? how good is that just in the name?)

I remember hearing Ween do a live version of Silent Night, Holy Night during a radio interview years back that was sickly brilliant... they used muslim accents and the guitar bit was ridiculous (somewhere between flamenco and sitar-ish)... left me speachless

met them in Toronto on the Chocolate and Cheese tour and they're straight up, friendly, humble guys who like to have a good time... they down-play everything they do but do it like no one else...

according to their site, release of 'quebec' is august 5 (though there is no mention of it I'm hoping they'll play at least one show in Quebec)

some Ween news from ween.com

quote:

WeenAmp or something

We've had an idea for awhile now about developing a piece of software that combines all of the great online ween resources into one handy-dandy application for inclusion on our new cd. It is finally about to happen. Try and envision a piece of software that will connect you with one click to weenradio, ween.com, the ween forum, the ween irc chat channel, and a peer to peer file trading program that enables you to download the concert you saw the night before---throw in an instant messaging client to talk with the other fuckers who happen to be running the shits. All this for free! The best part of it (aesthetically at least) is that you will have a little boognish icon running in your system tray next to your clock; how fucking cool is that? While we are still hoping to have weenAmp completed in time for inclusion on the new cd, time is running out. If we don't have it ready in time, you will be able to download it here sometime shortly after the release of the album, or as soon as we can get a beta version going. Even better than this, Weenradio is now streaming at 128 kbps in super hi-fi surround sound--we can also accept hundreds of simultaneous users, unlike in the past. I can't tell you enough how great this is going to be for everyone. We are planning an all-request concert where you'll be able to vote for the songs in advance (place your vote now---see below), a listening party for the record, webcasts of a bunch of gigs from this tour---and you'll only need one piece of software to listen to it all.

long live the boognish

Just literally search '? Ween' on Kazaa and I'll bet you'll find the leaked track. Sick sick sick. Plus search 'Henry Rollins spoken word Ween' and you'll likely find Rollins rant from a music conference years back now about how Ween is the fucking salvation of music.

my summer plan is shaping up pretty decent, most likely gonna hit IT, then ween the next day in maine, weens only 20 bucks so ill be happy to spend that after dishing arms and legs for phish, then after that maybe a little trek to new hampshire to stay at my buddys cabin on the lake, try some of this fly fishing they rant and rave about

i think im fly enough [Wink]

Archived