Jambands.ca

Last night Freeker show

LSD25

Last nights Hiway Freeker show was really really good. The management of Rancho Relaxo however, did not allow the band to play an encore which sucked. But otherwise the show was really good, and the band was really cool. What do you guys think?

yeah i'd have to say that the bar was definatly too hot,, i found my self wanting to leave rite into the second set, i was dripping everywhere,, and 9 bucks for a double screwdriver. I'd dsay the band was ok,, b ut i'm not so sure about the sound equpment,, it kinds sounded weak

but over all i'd give the band a 8 out of 10 and the venve a 3 out of 10

I talked to the band, and there is potential to get some recordings out of them (especially last nights show), however, they have taped it to mini-disc, so if any you guys can convert from mini-disc to wav please tell me. Also apparently some dude has been taping their shows in Ottawa so they will try to hook us up with some earlier recordings as well. I agree that the venue was god awful. Too hot, the acoustics were terrible near the bar. Also the fact that mamagement cuts off the band at promptly 1.55am also bites.

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Musicface:

Hey I had to blow out before the end, what was the Zep song?

- M.

I'm brutal with song names (and most other things requiring short-term memory), but it was that one with the wierd timing that's really hard to play and even harder to dance to. You know...

DA-DA-danana, Da-da-DUM, Da-da DUM, Do-che, do-che Do!

(It all makes sense in my mind [Wink] )

PEACE!

quote:

Originally posted by Large Marge:

DA-DA-danana, Da-da-DUM, Da-da DUM, Do-che, do-che Do!

(It all makes sense in my mind
[Wink]
)

PEACE!

I'm willing to wager that you just described The Ocean.

I agree that the Rancho Relaxo was a pretty crappy venue (bowling anyone?)... the Freeker were awesome though, although not enough Serena time for my taste [Wink]

The no encore situation was brutes as well - Boo on the Rancho! [Confused]

(Especially after they ended the set with Zeppelin!)

PEACE!

Archived