Jambands.ca

Korean children singing brokedown palace

Esau

Downloading it now..

While I haven't tackled Brokedown Palace yet, I've been bringing Garcia & Grisman's NOT FOR KIDS ONLY to my kindergarten class everyday, and they've got the words to JENNY JENKINS (track #1) down pretty good. I smile everytime. Eight 5 year old Korean kids singing with Jerry while they color, priceless.

post-viewing edit: The english academy that I work for looks a lot like that one. Those kids are better singers than mine though!

Edited by Guest

While I haven't tackled Brokedown Palace yet, I've been bringing Garcia & Grisman's NOT FOR KIDS ONLY to my kindergarten class everyday, and they've got the words to JENNY JENKINS (track #1) down pretty good.

That's been staple material whenever I go into the girls' school - Jenny Jenkins and Ain't No Bugs on Me esp. Some day I might get brave and tackle Teddy Bears' Picnic :).

It's an odd feeling I get when I go through my songbook trying to pull out kid-appropriate songs and realise how slim the pickings are (hmm, that one's about murder, that one's about getting drunk, that one's about broken hearts, that one's about a coal mine disaster...). Thank God for the Beatles (and choice bits from the Dead repetoire, of course).