Jambands.ca

i'm getting fired up about the flag issue et al.

Birdy

You're a joke, I made no editorial comment on the poll itself whatsover, and you calling a poll into question because the author of the article didn't include 10% that basic logic of polls dictates is likely don't know/undecided is bizarre.

You think an editor would allow an article to be published that misrepresented polling data.

haha....your orange-coloured ignorance is mildly amusing on a bit of a slow morning.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think I'm orange?! i.e. NDP?! Ha! Know your enemy dude. Though I respect them, and the Libs... I wonder though what your superiors would think about your tone in these forums... I would think they'd want you to be impressing the audience, and providing a kind face to the dialog, not trying to scare them, and taking punches at everything that moves... no wait... you're doing exactly what Graham is doing... nevermind.

By the way, the Liberals are at the same level vis a vis the CPC as they were to us a year before the last election.

A week is an eternity in politics, I'm in no way trying to spin anything to indicate a Liberal surge or anything. Everything will unfold as it should.

I wonder though what your superiors would think about your tone in these forums

Hmmm....let me check with the LPCMBMAAT (Liberal Party of Canada Message Board Monitoring and Assessement Team).

Gimme a break, how's this for tone - blow me.

Just so this doesn't get left in the dust... according to this blog

a) It IS up to the prime minister when to lower the flag on Parliament Hill...

B) The Conservatives DID politicize the actions of Creatien by criticizing in the house of commons...

there's probably lots of other contradictions.

The facts are bouncing all over the place in this thread... where are we at on this issue exactly?

B) The Conservatives DID politicize the actions of Creatien by criticizing in the house of commons...

The facts are bouncing all over the place in this thread... where are we at on this issue exactly?

Well, it bolsters my position that the Conservative Party of Canada is no less self-serving than the Liberals and so electing them on the promise of a "winds of change" mandate was nothing more than wishful thinking (and a savvy political move on behalf of the CPC). See also: Emerson, David; Fortier, Michel.

I can't wait to read Stephen Harper's hockey book though!

Well' date=' it bolsters my position that the Conservative Party of Canada is no less self-serving than the Liberals and so electing them on the promise of a "winds of change" mandate was nothing more than wishful thinking (and a savvy political move on behalf of the CPC). See also: Emerson, David; Fortier, Michel.

[/quote']

I can respect that... and fully support a kelidascopic house of parliament... as a means of limiting the effect of pandering issues. We need more 'green parties'... and once again, I hope we never have a 'majority' government again... way too totalitarian for my tastes... a strategic voter am I!.

If someone was doing a FACT check on this I would recommend reading Marleau and Montpetit rather than Rick Mercer -If you want to know the speakers ruling on the point of privilege mentioned earlier on the thread you can look it up in the Hansard (it would be in there one of the days after QP). I haven't had time to look this up since I am at work and I am not tremendously interested in this issue.

Ok... so according to Marleau and Montpetit it is up to the Speaker of the house... what has the speaker decided since this has all gone down? Can you blame me for being confused? The same author posted both the origianl Marleau and Montpetit article, and then a 2nd contradictory blog from Rick Mercer. If I'm the crazy one, I can handle that.

All I'm trying to do is ask for some clarification... and I didn't take anything personally, I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.