Jambands.ca

Pickles....

rubberdinghy

First, allow me to repeat ... Strubs. There are no other choices.

Second, an amusing anecdote...

"Lassie" (my girlfriend/fiancee) has a fear of pickles; literally. She doesn't like to eat them, see them, know they're in the house, or even talk about them.

Now ... either the funny part or the reason for her phobia ...

... while growing up, her father was the vice-president of Bick's in Canada for like a decade. They're entire basement was full of pickles!

(Interestingly, Lassie also fears going into basements alone ... connection? You be the judge.)

;)

Hmm. So did she have any 'incidents' with pickles (nauseau, poisoning, that type of thing) or is it just totally unexplained?

BTW - have you *tried* Bubbies? I mean, I'm down with the Strubs and all, no doubt. But if you put Bubbies and Strubs in a pit together to duke it out, Strubs ain't coming out lookin' pretty, if you know what I mean.

[edit:] if you haven't tried 'em, I volunteer to buy you a jar. You don't have to love 'em, but you will. ;)

Edited by Guest

Actually, I've never tried Bubbies. I definitely will. (If I don't like them, though, I'm mailing you the receipt for reimbursement.)

And no; no incident with pickles. We have actually discussed this. She just hates to even think of them. It's pretty funny actually.

(Believe it or not, we've learned that as far as phobias go, a fear of pickles is surprisingly common, and Lassie's fear is relatively low-key compared to some.)

• 4 weeks later...

I like the dill pickles but lately I have been on a huge pickled turnip streak. you know the ones they put in shwarma's?

I could eat a whole jar of those little buggers, so tasty.

also I has a white pickle at a lebanese restaurant the other day. Slightly sweeter than most dill pickles but still dilly. The guy said it was made from white cucumber. Very tasty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...