Jambands.ca

bonnaroo tickets in....

dima's post reminded me of this little story that a friend of mine wrote, about ugly tickets. it always makes me smile :)

The Ugly Tickets

Once upon a time, in the land of Rochester, there lived a boy named Roomie. He had seven mailorder Phish tickets. Five of them were very pretty. Small, glittery, with drawings of robots doing various things on them. But two of them were different. They were twins. They were bigger than the others, and not glittery, and did not have pictures of robots on them. They had ads for credit cards and beer all over them. The other tickets always made fun of these two. "Ha ha!" they taunted the two twins, "you are the ugly twins! You are plain, and big, and have ugly computer type! We are pretty, and have glittery type and pictures! And a holographic stripe! Roomie loves to look at us, but not you two! Ha ha!"

This made the two ugly tickets very sad. One night Roomie was looking at the tickets, and telling them how wonderful they were. "Just a few more days, and all your potential will be realized! I love you, tickets!" The two ugly tickets couldn't help but notice that Roomie spent more time looking at the other tickets. Sure, he glanced at them, but they thought it was more to be polite than because he actually liked the tickets. Roomie finally put the tickets away, and went to sleep.

Later that night, Roomie was woke by the sounds of quiet sobbing. He turned on the light to find the two ugly tickets crying. The other tickets were asleep, dreaming happily. "What is wrong, little ones?" Roomie asked.

"We are ugly," one of the tickets said. "We know you like to look at the other tickets, not us. They make fun of us for it."

"Oh, my little ones," Roomie said, chuckling. "You are not ugly. You may be bigger, and plainer, than the others... but you are my tickets to Atlanta. Atlanta is where I will meet with many, many of my friends, some whom I've never met in person! Atlanta is where I will party the hardest, and have the most wonderful time! Atlanta is where Phish is playing the Fourth, and there will certainly be fireworks, and amazingly phat jams! The other tickets are fun to look at, but when tour is over, it is you two that I will be looking back on, and fondly reminiscing about the wonderful times I had, thanks to you. It is you two I love the most!"

After that, the two Atlanta tickets were happy. When the other tickets made fun of them, they just smiled and remained quiet, because they knew that, though they were ugly, the good times they stood for were much more loved by Roomie.

The End.

Music Today sends tickets via UPS to Canada. UPS drivers are given the authority to leave packages without a signature if they deem the area to be secure. They will pretty much ALWAYS just leave packages, as I am sure their drivers get paid per delivery, which is why my company switched to FedEx.

I got mine.

bonnaroo has marked for me the beginning of summer for me for the past few years, even if only the first bonnaroo fell on June 21. Maybe it's my Canadian blood isn't used to that Tennessee heat, I don't know? Either way bring on summer.

Tim

I am currently looking for another discount extra for my friend, if anyone knows of one let me know pls!

"Discount", meaning someone else losing money? My opinion on this is that while it is perfectly fine for someone to sell a ticket at a loss in order to recoup some funds and not lose all of their money, I think it is inappropriate for someone to make this request.

Might as well just ask if someone out there is willing to subsidise a ticket for you or your friend.

Sorry for the rant, just a pet peeve of mine.

Wish I would've waited til now to get tickets for $100.. Damn. I paid $220 for mine. And I'll probably get stuck behind afro poppa's afro and not be able to see the whole show!!

Don't worry, I'll move so you can see!

"Discount", meaning someone else losing money? My opinion on this is that while it is perfectly fine for someone to sell a ticket at a loss in order to recoup some funds and not lose all of their money, I think it is inappropriate for someone to make this request.

Might as well just ask if someone out there is willing to subsidise a ticket for you or your friend.

Sorry for the rant, just a pet peeve of mine.

Yea you are right. I am gonna edit my request, I got a little greedy I think.

Yep, my saturday tickets are sold. Check the ABB message board - specifically the thread below:

ABB MB

Also, the box office has 2 tickets in 106 row C - call 1-888-836-8118 to order. Note that they do not have 2 tickets together in the balcony. Ticketmaster has 2 in the second last row of the floor. I think the 106's are better.