Jambands.ca

The Cat Empire - Anyone know of these guys?

StoneMtn

So, has anyone ever heard (or heard of) this band? I think I'm gonna check out their Whistler show, but I'm looking for some encouragement to do so, as I am always lame when it comes to weeknight gigs.

They're description makes them sound great, and I've been able to hear some dissatisfyingly short samples of their tunes from their website, but I haven't been able to hear a full song yet. They don't seem to exist on the Archive. The samples definitely sound cool though.

Any comments from anyone? Any Aussie jamband fans out there?

Well, I've managed to download a few songs. It's all quite good, if not really good; and I've come across one great song called "Sly".

They're definitely eclectic, influenced by music from all over the world, but I've noticed a tendency toward a ska-sound.

Very cool. I'm buying tickets for the Whistler show tomorrow.

I've seen them a bunch. Great live show - lots of high energy and a good time.

I listen to their album a bit. Look out for "hello hello" - thats the catchy one.

Go see them.

The only downside, I will say, is they came out and tried to jam with SCI at Byron Bay and they couldn't keep up AT ALL (neither could Xavier Rudd actually). But they were tight with their own stuff

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine here from Australia gave me a couple of their CDs.. they actually are really good... kind of a mix of cuban, ska, pop. Very diversified songs. I was supposed to see them a few weeks ago, but couldn't make it.. they are coming around to TO again in October I believe... I won't miss that one. I'd recommend catching the show.