Jambands.ca

Local tourist attraction

Velvet

a funner than hell roadtrip could be planned using this thread as inspiration.

meggo - the war you speak of was 1812... i remember my dad taking me to tecumseh park as a little kid and telling me stories of all the battles that occured along our stretch of the thames.

ever read the book, "romantic kent"? it's got a lot of local history in it.. well, obviously from the title.. but my favourite is the tale of the baldoon mystery.. the story of this creepy haunted house on baldoon road... it's a good book.. if ya ever get the chance.

I hate going to the dentist, yet I'm somewhat intrigued. Is is actually on Gilmour?

yep, it's about a block down from my place, between kent and bank. on the north side of the street. it's in an old-ish house with just a small sign beside the door. you'll have to report back if you go!

Guelph's Church if Frickin huge....and inexplicably here. Well almost...there's lots of Italians.

guelphchurch28cm.jpg

guelphchurch2ul.jpg

There is a by-law in Guelph that states that no structure be built that exceeds the height of this massive church that is on an equally massive hill. Yayyyyy god.

Queen's University in Kingston has a similar by-law: no building within sight of Grant Hall can be built higher than it. Jeffrey Hall, where the math dept. resides, has six floors, but because it's right across the street from Grant Hall, about three of them are below ground level.

Aloha,

Brad

I know you guyz were missing me (Lazloo). As of Tuesday, my family and I returned from our trip from the 'Falls'. I guess Its 'Lundsay Lane', we had a great time, thanks. The 'Blue Moon' (???) was very much the place to be. The only place on the strip with stove/frig (-n- a heated pool).

*Marine World in the first week of June, is the place to be.