Jambands.ca

FRONTIER TOWN SHUT DOWN...

Jared

why didn't i see this ass?

maybe the guy screaming wake up wake up had sometjing to do with it! lets all turn on him, j/k

i'm just bugging you mr music,, but for real i agree we should wait and find out the deal first cause we don't want to make it worse, so let all chill untill the we all the exactly whats going down,

and if you got any line on a heady wife hook me up! maybe you could put something on the posters for your shows

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Know what. fuck all u pansies. I'm going hardcore on these motherfuckers here. We're talking some C4 on townhall and shit. Let 'em know that us hippies ain't all daisies and microbuses. We can hole up in the doghouse and wait it out after.

And for the record, the real problem was Jared walking around the Durham C.A. with a certain request markered onto his chest (no, not to see Willy's ass). He tried to hide out, but the parents were grabbing their kids and running. At the same time, we were down there with those wookies from Waterford. Remember wakeupwakeupwakeupthesunisoutriccolawhosegonnafightme. Yeah, well, he scared the children I think.

not to point fingers again... but... cully...

if wassabi was making to much noise around the camp fire on sunday nite, then the burden really falls on the manigment and organisers of the festival to make sure like that doesn't happen,

if a band was realling making so much noise in the middle of the nite then is surely would have woken up rick and mark, a long time before the neighbours or any one in town and they would have told the band to stop or turn it down.

as well i kinda think that it is much more of a town ship thing then perople complaining about the music. because if you have ever been to frontier town you would no that the sound doesn't travle very much, cause when i camp in the back feilds i can't hear any muisc. so i would think that it is more a matter of the town feeling giped a,d possably some poeple complaining about more traffic, and possalbe a large amount of drunk locals leaving late at nite and early in the morning. and pssably willy running around showing his ass to everyone from what i hear

so there is no need to point fingers cause if you think about it then there are 1000000 reasons why it could have happened and if its not those then it could be 10000000 more. but the bottom line is like freak said,, it was bound to happen sooner or later with the festival growing so fast

Lose Yer Shoes has actually moved to a new (or atleast different) venue than last years. Dont know too much about the campground it is being held at this year, but I figure with Caution Jam & Cosmic Boogie playing, it is gonna be a pretty good time. [Cool]

People, I know my post was a little nasty, but the ONLY REASON THAT THE COPS HAVE EVER COME INTO FRONTIER TOWN WAS BECAUSE OF THAT DRUM CIRCLE!!! Yes management should have said something to them, but don't turn this into a Hefner/Wassabbi thing Second Tube (that is weak)........too bad so sad......I know a perfect venue for the labour day festival....I will have details later today....oh yeah...I forgot....F..K Wasssabbi

Admission for entertainment? I don't understand the difference between this and regular admission to a campground. Maybe some of the people camping might happen to bring instruments and whoa! They sound pretty good together! You'd think they'd played together before!

It sounds like a typical loophole, through which the municipal governmnet wishes to draw $$$$$ for itself. However, I'll bet local restaurants (not to mention the oft sold-out beer store) aren't too happy. Speaking of doing the math...(I spent $80 in Durham for May 2-4, $50 at the beer store)

1000 people spend an average of $50 each in Durham, 4 festivals a year=

$200 000 in lost revenue (more than $100 000 for the beer store alone!)

Rest assured, while we may not be getting our festival, the beer store owner won't be buying that new 57 inch TV/DVD player, and unless the festivals go on, the wife's new Cadillac will have to wait as well.

By the by, my protest to those critical of Wassabi is neither rational nor logical: Wassabi ROCKS! leave them alone!!

quote:

People, I know my post was a little nasty, but the ONLY REASON THAT THE COPS HAVE EVER COME INTO FRONTIER TOWN WAS BECAUSE OF THAT DRUM CIRCLE!!!

actually, no, the first time cops came it was cause some idiot drove away in middle of the night, all smashed, and wrecked his car a few houses down. i dont think he made it to highway 6.

yes i rescall hearing that the only reasons the cops came was cause of the drunk guy car incident,, so maybe cully you shoul;d find out your facts first before pointing fingers,, maybe you stunk so much that the cops came because of air quality complaints [Roll Eyes]

Wow, Cully do you ever have a hard on for saying f..k Wassabi. These aren't the first posts where you've tried--in your own impotent way--to turn some form of popular opinion against this band. It's pretty obvious you have issues, but besides those little irritating voices inside your head which compel you to hack this band, lets talk for a moment about music festivals. Have you ever been to a music festival where people weren't drumming/playing into the early morning hours? I haven't. It sounds like your ready for the sit down shows man, or light family-fare daytime festivals where sugar is the high of choice and Gallager is the headlining act. There are so many possible reasons why this is happening that go beyond any single band being the cause, and the fact that you keep trying to lay the blame on Wassabi sucks. Not too sure why you're doing this--were you rejected by one of the girls (or guys if that's your taste)?--but you're looking for any excuse, and coming off like a real prick in the process. My interaction with that band has proven them to be friendly, excited people who love playing music, on the other hand reading what you have to say--on more than just this thread too--proves to me you're a bitter--possibly little--man with issues that go far beyond your stated reasons for bringing up the points that you do. Get job/girlfriend/hobby/sport or something else to focus on--if you already have all of these I doubt there's too much that can be done for you. Support our touring musicians!

Cully,

How many times have you even been there?

Even at the first CTMF the cops came,that was over three years back....I believe it also was because of some dumbass drivin off all smashed,same went for the next weekend.

So where do you get these facts anyway?

Since this has become a thread about Wassabi now, I have to say I am very curious to see if they'll be any good without the marimbas. Those instruments really spiced up the show and the girl who played them also was doing all the sound processing with some funky effects. I get the feeling it might be the beggining of the end for these guys. Plus their email said they were even further towards the techno and I liked the world beats a lot more. I found their techno grooves pretty obvious. We'll see though...

Although I hate to say it, we;ve lost too many good jambands to the techno/break/house thing. I love the sounds, but we need some good rockin bands like HiWay Freeker and Jimmy Swift (before they went all techno as well). Just say no ... to following the crowd.

Oh, and if Cully is Adam Culliford than AC/DC bag best be shutting up yoyo. I couldn't keep up with Cully after HiWay freeker. He parties like a rockstar.

And for the record, the members of Wassabi are just slightly too flaky for me. Nice sure...but maybe a bit too into their L.

quote:

Originally posted by tonyrage:

Since this has become a thread about Wassabi now, I have to say I am very curious to see if they'll be any good without the marimbas.

Wassabi with no marimbas?? Is that true?! too bad.. it was definitley their melodic stuff that I enjoyed. however minimally.

I didn't get your techno jabs there tonyrage.. what are you talking about? hiway freeker isnt exactly rocking. and you're missing jimmy swift's rock songs over their disco ones? hmmm. [Roll Eyes]

it was Wassabi's first time at CTMF and it looks like you are in the middle of nowhere...

*edited my own childish reply *

as was stated before...

May 24 had over a thousand people there, thats considered a major event under the city's legislation therefore the city is looking to charge the park a lot of extra cash... whether the cops came or why they came has nothing to do with why they are being asked to either pay up or shut down

Archived