Jambands.ca

The John Henrys in Ottawa on Saturday?

bradm

That was a smokingly good TJH show, maybe the best I've ever seen them do. They displayed an utter confidence on stage that you don't see that often from bands. Musically, I heard a lot of influences beyond the usual honky-tonk/country: there was some surf, some Beatles, and a few others I can't remember. The playing (esp. Doug's and Ray's guitar work) was spot on, and after about 1/2 way through the set, the dance floor filled up along with energy level in the room. The surprise for the night for me was their cover of Dave Dudley's "Six Days On The Road", which they nailed so well I'd swear their version was on that old LP of truckin's greatest hits we got when the family bought a CB radio from Radio Shack...

Aloha,

Brad

Awsome show. I've only seen them once, that one time being Canada Day at 'That Place' and it was nice to see them have a good long time slot to toy with. They rocked Irene's which, above and beyond their great burgers, is a great spot. Good to see a few of you out there. I'm glad that people finally got out of there seats or at least made room for dancing towards the halfway mark. I'm not sure what the name of the tune is, "The One That Got Away," maybe? Regardless, I was really stoked that someone requested this and it was played, and played well. Hope they play again soon, or at least before they get around to releasing that CD they keep talking about.

I've their album going right now (I hadn't managed to buy one before Saturday night), and two tracks in, it sounds great, musically and sonically. Between it and the set list I grabbed on Saturday night :), I might finally be able to get the names of their songs right...

Aloha,

Brad