Jambands.ca

ottawa free fest!

traveler

Yes free fest is happening again.

We are looking for bands and entertainment.

This is a kid, dog and freak friendly party held in Richmond Ont.Its on July 29.

Come and camp under the stars with some very friendly cool people.

More info to follow or e-mail me at nobudsforbob@rogers.com

Hey Rob- hope to see you out there.

So far we have Inept,ez3,Cross the Road and that nobudsforbob band. I'm waiting to hear back from the other bands. Come on people. We have all nite to fill. The site is beautiful with lots of shady camping spots.

Heres how to get there:

Address; 3187 Eagleson Road at the village of Richmond. 1st house on the

left after Ottawa Street on Eagleson Rd. If they are coming on the

Queensway - Eagleson South exit - straight out, cross Richmond Road where

Drummond's Gas and Richmond Nursery are, cross bridge, cross tracks, past

Ottawa St - first house on left - look for old bus. If coming of Brophy

Road - Regional Road 8/Bankfield Road - turn right onto Eagleson, house is

on the right after the bush (couple of farms and houses on the right side

first).

Message from free fest:Definitely Kid Friendly - love kids, trying to do some face painting and

crafts. Have a volleyball net to put up, football to toss around. If we

have a few motorcycles may try to do a Ride the Rail and Slow Races. Bring

entries for a Junkyard Bong contest if people want to. Won't have prizes

for these things but they might be fun. Relaxed schedule. Pool pump is

broken right now but we are trying to get it fixed for the party. Parking

on the front yard, ample room for camping, portable toilets on site.

Friendly dogs okay - pit bulls and rottweilers or breeds not known for

being friendly with other dogs shouldn't come though. Nothing against them

but they don't like other dogs and will attack/kill. Have the food vendor,

trying to line up some other ones - maybe have a tattoo artist.

Okay another reminder message:

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop off a note to let everyone know that the annual bash is a go ahead for Saturday, July 29 - it starts in the afternoon and continues till the sun comes up the next morning.

It would be great to see everyone again and please bring a friend. As usual, leave your attitudes at the gate and come to have a good time. Kids always welcome and dogs that are friendly with other dogs (and I do mean friendly) are welcome too. Lots of room for parking and camping.

We have a big circus tent to set up in case of rain. There will be a food vendor, kids stuff, portable toilets and the pool should be open. Bring what you need to party - bug spray, flashlights, something to sit on and whatever libations you may require. We are hoping to have some fun things set up to do that day - like volleyball and there is always room here to toss a football around. If anyone wants to come and vend, you would be most welcome. We have a young lady going who is a tattoo artist who will do temporary and henna tattoos that day and some fun things for the kids. Any help getting things set up on Friday night is always appreciated.

We have a couple of bands confirmed to play and some individual acts as well - always room for more. No Buds for Bob, Dave Belanger, Inept, EZ3 and Cross the Floor are all going to be playing in the evening. Since organizing musicians is a lot like organizing psychics, there are a couple of other bands who haven't confirmed yet (one is too shy to play but they're coming and bringing their guitars) but we'll see. I know a couple of the bands who had played here previously have disbanded but they were such awesome people, I hope they come to the party at least.

3187 Eagleson Road at the Village of Richmond. Coming from Ottawa - Queensway, Eagleson South all the way to Richmond. Cross Richmond Rd where Richmond Nursery is. Cross the tracks, go past Ottawa Street and we are the first house on the left. Look for the grey bus (the big tent might be a giveaway). Coming from the 416 or Manotick area. Take Brophy Rd to Eagleson Rd - turn right, go past the farms and our laneway is right after the bush lot.

Prayers for peace to all and put in your order for sunshine. Hope to see you all on Saturday. Time to have some fun. WE only party with the best!!!!!

Love,

Cheryl

who's gonna join us?

soooooooooooooooooooooooooo close to this event/venue that bringing the tent seems silly! This really reminds me of something in Kingston known as "The Big Venturi" 'round about the time Dr Evil & I first met....looking forward to meeting and dancing with/playing with some very KIND FOLK!!!!

we're really looking forward to this....music, friends, sunshine, a pool....I'll give a full envy-inducing report later, but fak, I wish some of youse OTown folks would get off yer duffs once in a while (the ones who are moving and the ones who arent yet back from Shorline have the only acceptable excuses :P )

The Freefest was awesome!

Good people, good location, good tunes (I'm not saying that because I'm in one of the bands), and tons of free corn on the cob. And the price was certainly right.

Many thanks to the hosts, whose names I cannot remember right now!

Hopefully this event will be come an annual tradition.