Jambands.ca

stuff happening in kingston this weekend?

meggo

Call Myrna!!!!!!!!!!

She will set you straight. None the less if you are docked beside the prison, PLEASE I BEG OF YOU, go to the Portsmouth Tavern at 96 Young Street. It is a baseball throw away (well, probably not for Drawk).

Play pool, watch the screen and drink beers. Ask if 'Happy' is there. Tell him that Booche and Dave say hello if you get introduced. Hopefully Al is your bartender. God-damn I wish I was going.

If all else fails, check to see if the Scherzo is still open. PM dogatthestation for other ideas. PM badams as well.

Hells yes!! One of the best little music festivals in the country is this weekend. The Wolfe Island Music Festival.

Here is the schedule and lineup. ALL FOR $25!!! I was going to go but have since decided not to due to lack of funds. But I still might change my mind.

Saturday, August 12th

3 pm Outdoor Concert

St. Mary’s Community Centre Grounds

Gates open at 2 pm

Toronto rock outfit Constantines will headline the 8th annual Wolfe Island MusicFest, leading a bill of some of the best independent bands in Canada including Wintersleep, Holy F*ck, Great Lake Swimmers, and Jon-Rae and the River.

2:30pm to 3:00pm Lady Racers

3:15pm to 3:45pm Fat Robot

4:00pm to 4:30pm Fembots

4:45pm to 5:30pm Great Lake Swimmers

5:45pm to 6:45pm Chris Fenner All Star Band

7:00pm to 7:45pm Jon-Rae and the River

8:00pm to 8:45pm Holy F*ck

9:00pm to 9:45pm Hidden Cameras

10:00pm to 10:45pm Wintersleep

11:00pm to 11:45pm Constantines

This is a licensed charity event – outside food and drink ARE NOT permitted. Leashed dogs and lawn chairs are welcome. This is not a folk festival... you will not be allowed to park your lawn chairs in front of the stage!

Tickets:

Costs:

Friday concert $15~ children requiring a seat require a ticket

Saturday pass $25 ~ free for children 12 years and younger

Weekend pass $35

Tickets are available at:

S&R Department Store, 27 Princess St. at Ontario St., Kingston

Windmills Cafe, 184 Princess St. at Montreal St., Kingston

The Grad Club, Barrie St. at Union St., Kingston

Fargo's General Store, Wolfe Island

The Island Grill, Wolfe Island

Tickets available online at Maple Music (www.maplemusic.com)

Getting to Wolfe Island:

Located where Lake Ontario ends and the St. Lawrence River begins its journey to the Atlantic, Wolfe Island is the largest of the world renowned 1000 Islands. The Island is a short 20 minute ferry ride from Downtown Kingston. Click here for directions and ferry schedule.

Call Myrna!!!!!!!!!!

She will set you straight. None the less if you are docked beside the prison, PLEASE I BEG OF YOU, go to the Portsmouth Tavern at 96 Young Street. It is a baseball throw away (well, probably not for Drawk).

Play pool, watch the screen and drink beers. Ask if 'Happy' is there. Tell him that Booche and Dave say hello if you get introduced. Hopefully Al is your bartender. God-damn I wish I was going.

If all else fails, check to see if the Scherzo is still open. PM dogatthestation for other ideas. PM badams as well.

I concur with all that advice, however, The Scherzo, home to many great BNB, nero etc... shows is now closed.

Try hitting up some patios on Ontario or Clarence Streets, preferably the Kingston Brew Pub on Clarence and Ontario (have a pint or eight of White Tail beer). For live music, try the Elixir. Skelter from this website does promotions.

booche - we are indeed docked at portsmouth. we went for drinks at the tavern last summer [or the one before? or both?] and i got carded and my dad had to convince the girl i was old enough... heh!

i met up with myrna last year when i was in town! myrna is a kickass lady ;)

that wolfe island thing sounds really awesome... thing is we'll be sailing all day, and after dinner and whatnot it will probably be a bit too late to make it over there. great lineup though, holee fuck, hidden cameras, constantines [who i've never actually seen but would like to... ].

perhaps we'll try some of jaimoe's ideas. my sister used to live there so hopefully she won't lead me astray.... too bad about the scherzo! we saw mr ss there two years back.

thanks! :)

meggo are you going down for CORK? if so, wow! that brings back so many memories!

ps.. EYC RULES!! :P

it's for CORK indeed! good times. my dad is so in his element, it's great to see.

ps... leave your EYC shit at home, hunny... RYC ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! ;)

Atta boy D_rawk.

Yeah, if you already have hit the Ports, get to Ontario street. Great patios if that is what you are looking for. The 'watching' is awesome at the Prince George Hotel, but dont try to get a seat during peak hours. It's a wait.

This is really hard. I havent done anything in Kingston along these lines for a few years. Funny enough, I am craving a Mino's Delight.

Hey D.

If you get a hankering for 'greasy fast food-type' sustenance, go to the Hoagie House on Division street. Get a cheese steak. Since you are probably busy, I recommend that you do NOT get a double.

*counting the days to August 26th*

Oh yeah, what about Woodenheads? Is that still open? If you want some cool gourmetish pizza, hit that mother. Beautiful patio.

Just go to Ontario street. Seriously.

that wolfe island thing sounds really awesome... thing is we'll be sailing all day, and after dinner and whatnot it will probably be a bit too late to make it over there. great lineup though, holee fuck, hidden cameras, constantines [who i've never actually seen but would like to... ].

i suppose it depends on what you're sailing and whatnot but could you sail over to the island, dock er somewheres and party all night? sail back in the morning?

maybe i've snorted to much neocitron tonight

i suppose it depends on what you're sailing and whatnot but could you sail over to the island, dock er somewheres and party all night? sail back in the morning?

maybe i've snorted to much neocitron tonight

that is a great idea DB, but it's my dad's boat and there'll be about 4 others on board, so sailing it on my own is probably not do-able. gimme a laser tho, no prob ;)

I was hoping you were counting the days until August 19th?

I am, but for VERY different reasons. It's kinda like knowing 'detention' is coming up.

I wish I had my camera here. We got some fun shots on Geoff's 26 footer. A Talbert or something? Dont ask me, I am an idiot. Hux and Megs were Gotta Jibooing and Tweaking all over the place.

AH!

I wish we were all going with you guys.

Woodenheads is quite possibly the best restaurant in Kingston. Go for the meals, then go next door to the Brew Pub for some pints ... your Kingston journey will be complete.

As for me, Jaimoe mentioned that I book the live music at Elixir ... I don't actually anymore, Rock Crew has been sold to a new pair of owners and I'm getting into real estate this fall.

Merchant MacLiam at the bottom of Princess St. sometimes has decent live acts, but you'll have a great time at the Wolfe Island Music Festival ... definitely the best, most laid-back vibes I've ever witnesses at a festival.