Jambands.ca

Where can I find album artwork on-line?

The Chameleon

Hi Ya'll, I could use your collective help.

I am still the process of digitizing my music collection (massive task). What I wouold like to do is include album artwork with eacg folder that contains an album on my computer, so everything is complete.

Does anyone know where you can download album artwork? Is there a database for that? Is there a place to get linear notes too?

Any suggestions are helpful.

P.S. Is there a way to attach the album artwork to the songfile, in the TAG?

thanks...

Edited by Guest

If you use iTunes (as you should)

1. Open the details of the song, album, etc...

2. Find album on Amazon.com

3. Open album artwork

4. Drag image to 'Artwork' area. Image is now embedded in tag.

C'est fini!!

AD

Good idea AD, but I use a PC at home and Intend on coverting all my music to FLAC, I hate apple's AIFF format. Can I still I-Tunes like that?

Damn! Why doesn't any apple I-Pod or I-tunes stuff support FLAC?!!! I mean they are suppose to be on the cutting edge of digital music technology, but they are grossly behind on file compatability! }:(

Grossly behind who? Just use a different media player. Sure it's not as good as iTunes, but if you find one that plays FLAC, go for it.

They're not really on the cutting-edge... There is no money in 'Cutting-Edge', only Tried-and-True.

Little Beyonce Jr doesn't sit at home converting FLACs, she downloads the hot new Christina Aguilera mp3.

AD

Damn! Why doesn't any apple I-Pod or I-tunes stuff support FLAC?!!! I mean they are suppose to be on the cutting edge of digital music technology, but they are grossly behind on file compatability! }:(

Thnaks BradM

Actually, you can load linux onto your ipod which will then be able to handle flac files...a friend of mine has done it and LOVES it. If you want more info I can scare it up for you...

Damn! Why doesn't any apple I-Pod or I-tunes stuff support FLAC?!!! I mean they are suppose to be on the cutting edge of digital music technology' date=' but they are grossly behind on file compatability! }:([/quote']

Grossly behind who? Just use a different media player. Sure it's not as good as iTunes, but if you find one that plays FLAC, go for it.

They're not really on the cutting-edge... There is no money in 'Cutting-Edge', only Tried-and-True.

Little Beyonce Jr doesn't sit at home converting FLACs, she downloads the hot new Christina Aguilera mp3.

AD

True little boys and girls are not using FLAC, so where's the motivation.

I just hate the fact that a player liek the I-Pod or I-tunes which boasts itself as being "best of breed" still does not play a commonly used high end format like FLAC.

I would have thought in this day and age that we could have a player that would support every format in the audio domain.

I do have a player on my computer that plays FLAC, but is doesn't display the artwork and add it to the TAG, whcih is my want.

Thanks for the advice.

The Linux thing looks like a possibility if I ever by and I-Pod, or I may just get another device that ctually plays FLAC all on it's own.

P.S. Do you think Mac is steering away from FLAC because they are trying to pushg thier own losseless fomat. ALC?

Edited by Guest