Jambands.ca

DRIVE BY TRUCKERS hit Hamilton!!!

whiteymuseum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine for both Toronto & Hamilton, can't wait!

I've been able to get a digital video recorder all lined up, extra cables etc. Now, I'm just waiting for the 100% confirmation from DBT saying I can record video. I've downloaded a handful of shows on DVD now, so I don't really see it being an issue, but respectfully I would rather have the OK from the band.

I have a great 2 DVD DBT show for you Brodie, I'm also going to try and visit the Underground sometime before the show date so I can scope out a good position to get the video from. Let me know when you'll be around or if you know a choice spot.

Going to be a busy few weeks (Oct/Nov), two Trucker's shows, two Dylan shows & The Old Crow Medicine Show!! Loving this fall for live music.

That’s still up in the air right now, I waiting for a friend to tell me if I can use his mics (AKG something or another) and a preamp which will be able to plug directly into the video recorder. I also asked in my email to DBT's people about SBD patch, but I think that’s a stretch. Hopefully I get the mics or at least someone else also records, then try out my abilities synchronizing audio & video.

I just received a nice package consisting of Sony's Vegas+DVD Production Suite which works along with Soundforge 8 (I believe anyway) so I've been training myself how to do that stuff, by recording VHS copies of live shows to my component (stand-alone I guess?) DVD recorder then trying to sync it with a crispy audio source, so far I haven't hit the right spot, but when first you don't succeed, try try again right.

I've never done a video recording before, so there’s no guarantee I'll get it either.

• 4 weeks later...

Today is the day!!!!

Wooo-hooo!!!!!

This is going to be so freakin' good I can't wait!

If people are already doing soundboard recordings then I certainly don't need to do one. I'll just stay out of the way and look forward to grabbing a copy later. That is as long as people are doing soundboard recordings.

I'm going down with some friends from the Dundas/Flamborough area. Not sure if you'd know any of them or not. Anywhoo, they mentioned possibly going by PJs for a beer beforehand. What do you think of that?

Aside from the fact that there's no good beer at PJC, it's a great idea.

If we're ever all up for something different, we should go to Chester's (beers of the world - not a stripjoint) and try some of the hundreds of types of beer that they stock. It's a nice little bar to boot!

Today is the day!!!!

Wooo-hooo!!!!!

This is going to be so freakin' good I can't wait!

If people are already doing soundboard recordings then I certainly don't need to do one. I'll just stay out of the way and look forward to grabbing a copy later. That is as long as people are doing soundboard recordings.

I'll be taping with audience mics, so will my friend. I don't know of anybody sbd taping, so you might wanna bring the gear out. I can bring an iriver to tape off the board though.

If a board patch is available, I'd love to plug my video recording equipment in. Either direct to SBD or patched through someone, I also have a MD I could bring, but not mics currently. Still working on those.

Unless of course anyone out there is good at sync'n music & video then I won't worry about it.