Jambands.ca

Gibby vs. Lilly 08/21/06

Hal Johnson

The games not even over yet, but the Jays blew an 8-0 lead, and now trail 11-10. Gibbons, or "Gibby" as they like to call him, got into it with Lilly, and the two had what appeared to be a scuffle in the hallway to the clubhouse. Im sure you'll all see it on the am 3 play or Sportscenter top 10. Either way, I think this game is indicative of their entire season and eludes to what Hillinbrand claimed was a "sinking ship." I hope Im wrong.

Now, Jaimoe will probably tell you theres nothing to worry about here, but this morning on the fan I heard that Wells definately wants the feck out, like no questions asked. Apparently he's pissed off at Ricciardi for using the media to call his team out. Whatever, its bad. Ricciardi and Gibbons dont take no guff and I think the clubhouse is starting to lose it.

this is going to be an interesting off season...

it seems like each year the jays' off season flip flops between high expectations and lots of good hopes to terrible expectations and a "we're screwed" mentality...the latter being two years ago, the former being this past year's, and the latter again being this coming off season which is sure to bring lots of changes (hopefully we can find some people who know how to pitch)

Low Roller just emailed me a rumour saying that the Jays are about to trade Vernon Wells and AJ Burnett to St Louis for Jim Edmonds and Albert Pujols. They are also planning to sign Jason Schmidt and Barry Bonds as their DH this off season.

worst...rumour...ever

Edited by Guest

I dont remember if it was before or after Lilly's little tantrum. Im pretty sure it was before. It almost looked as though he was flirting with a girl from the stands or something. It was really awkward. I dont think he had any idea the camera was on him. Like I said, the commentaters were speechless. Camera cut away quickly.

More importantly, how in the hell did you get those seats, Cully?! Man, if you ever get those again and have an extra, please let me know!