Jambands.ca

new-ish movies I should aquire

fluffhead77

I like waking life! It's got a really trippy effect that kind of looks like a cartoon and real at the same time. It's about dreaming and philosohpy and it's just so great!

totally!

His (richard Linklater) new one is supposed to be good, A Scanner Darkly...same effects, but beter this time.

V for Vendetta totally kicks ass, also, if you get the double disc collectors edition the features disc has a hidden Natalie Portman rap video sketch from Saturday Night Live that is hilarious!

Sample lyrics:

Chorus of men: Watcha wanna do Natalie?

Natalie Portman: I wanna drink and fight!

Chorus of men: Watcha wanna do Natalie?

Natalie Portman: I wanna fuck all night!

yep, i think i've found my idol!

and she's a hot bald chick in the movie! :D

I watched "The Squid and the Whale" last night, with Jeff Daniels. I'm serious about this too, this is the BEST movie I've seen in a long time. I find a lot of movies and TV shows, treat their audience as if they're stupid and patronize us, this movie does not do this. Watch it, you'll like it, if you don't you can kill me.

Oh yeah, sound track was really cool, with some some excellent Pink Floyd content.

Edited by Guest

- The Corporation. Can't believe I hadnt seen this.. its amazing and canadian. see it!

agreed, and i'd add "the end of suburbia" to the list.

there was a movie thread recently where "the ccorporation" was being panned as a sleep aid, so be warned. but watch it anyways. fill up on coffee, prop your eyes open with toothpicks and check it out :P

I watched "The Squid and the Whale" last night' date=' with Jeff Daniels. I'm serious about this too, this is the BEST movie I've seen in a long time. [/quote']

confirmed.

Double confirmed. This is a great movie with a great soundtrack. Wes Anderson (The Royal Tennenbaums, Life Aquatic, etc) had a hand in it, and you can see that it has a similar style or overtone as those movies have.

I watched "The Squid and the Whale" last night' date=' with Jeff Daniels. I'm serious about this too, this is the BEST movie I've seen in a long time. [/quote']

confirmed.

Double confirmed. This is a great movie with a great soundtrack. Wes Anderson (The Royal Tennenbaums, Life Aquatic, etc) had a hand in it, and you can see that it has a similar style or overtone as those movies have.

he produced it I believe...