Jambands.ca

new-ish movies I should aquire

fluffhead77

Lately, Douglas and I have been going back in our rentals.

Vanilla Sky was really fun the second time through. The Fly is great. For a recent flick, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang surprised us.

I've wanted to re-rent Requiem for a Dream lately.

I fucking LOVE movies. Have you seen Donnie Darko?

The last three movies saw that really liked where:

Brick - Crime Noir set amongst teens. Dug this alot.

V for Vendetta - VERY COOL. I didn't think it could hold a candle to the comic but it was very well done.

The Matador- Worth it just to see Pierce Brosnan shake off those James Bond Blues by playing the least James Bond character ever!

dig...didn't dig it so much...although the music was good.

V for vendetta...awesome loved it!

Brick - great flick...very slick

matador---hmmm heard this was ok...gonna check it out

kiss kiss bang bang- yes! I've been trying to think of this title all night...gonna go grab it now...

donnie darko is amazing...great sound track, great acting...loved swayze's part :)

i think i will like the superman, heard good things about it, just haven't got a chance to get out to see it yet...

thanks boys!

Donnie Darko - wayyyy overrated

Reqiuem For A Dream - hated it!

I really liked The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada -- a recent western movie directed by Tommy Lee Jones (don't let that scare you off!).

Hmm... That seems to be all I can think of right now. I've mostly been downloading documentaries on South East Asia and getting pumped for my trip. "The REAL Story Behind The Bridge Over The River Kwai" by The History Channel.. "Cambodia: The Betrayal", and one on Angkor Wat. I wouldn't really recommend any of them, unless you have a special interest in those areas.

Edited by Guest

documentaries are what i'm into lately. i downloaded these awesome BBC documentaries off torrentspy.com. they're called BBC Planet Earth - 5 hours of simply amazing, HD footage of some of the weirdest and most beautiful stuff on earth. BBC Natural World is also pretty sweet.

also,

- The Root of All Evil: famous geneticist Richard Dawkins tearing up religious fanatics

- BBC Deep Blue: documentary about the deep parts of the ocean

- Scratch: about the origins of turntablism, tons of sweet footage of QBert and others

- Band of Brothers: not a documentary but very much worth watching

documentaries are what i'm into lately. i downloaded these awesome BBC documentaries off torrentspy.com. they're called BBC Planet Earth - 5 hours of simply amazing, HD footage of some of the weirdest and most beautiful stuff on earth. BBC Natural World is also pretty sweet.

also,

- The Root of All Evil: famous geneticist Richard Dawkins tearing up religious fanatics

- BBC Deep Blue: documentary about the deep parts of the ocean

- Scratch: about the origins of turntablism, tons of sweet footage of QBert and others

- Band of Brothers: not a documentary but very much worth watching

I've been d/l the Blue Planet eries for about a week now and watching it as it comes in...pretty sweet!

Edited by Guest

Have been on a flic-kick too. Some goodies:

- V for Vendetta, awesome.

- Shaun of the Dead, hilarious and super fun

- Motor Cycle Diaries, inspiring

- The Corporation. Can't believe I hadnt seen this.. its amazing and canadian. see it!

- Brokeback Mountain. It really IS good.

- Thumbsucker, awesome.

-Palindromes, Todd Solenz' ( prev: Happiness).. One of the weirder movies I've seen in a while- its creepy, hilarious and def. stays with you.. really interesting. I won't say anything, but the Christian band is unbelievable.

Haven't seen anything really bad in a while, luckily.

Im with Gateaux on 'Aristocrats' though.. i liked it, but its just too much, man.. I found only a few of the comics actually did it justice. and most were pretty bad.