Jambands.ca

What happened to Days of You?

cottoneyedjoe

Thanks guys, it's nice to be here. That link rocked; I knew I couldn't be the only one who remembered. I was amazed to learn that they had done shows as recently as '02 - crazy - I thought for sure they had disintegrated much earlier than that. I was seeing them during the "Dead material" days ('88-ish to '92-ish) at places like Clinton's, Stratenger's, Sneaky's, Cabana Room, etcetera - mostly at all-ages shows (I was but a youngster). When I read someone mention "The Promise of Spring," I laughed out loud. I remember that tape, I think they even used to have a "hotline."

One thing that link to your previous discussion lacked is: Where are they now?

They opened for the Fat Cats a couple of years ago (my memory fails me, so I'm not sure how long ago). Although it was at the Comfort Zone, so most likely four or five years ago at least!! I have not run into them since then, so unfortunately I'm not much help to you.

Welcome to the board by the way!!

Last show I saw (that I seem to recall) was with Kingfish at Rock & Roll Heaven in Toronto, '91 I believe.

I think they were no-shows for a few gigs (including Come Together Music Festival maybe?) and then they dropped off the map again, almost as suddenly as their comeback had been.

Pepper Jacks also, somthing about the show was going to run too late for a band member who had to get up in the morning, if I remember correctly.

I saw them at Bingamin park in kitchener in 93...They were soposed to play the ghost town a few years ago and then had to cancel er somthing... Aparently They Still do play...I know a few cats that hang out with them guys...They have a killer blue grass band called "The New Cumberlands" Formerly "The Bob Burns Trio"

First time I saw them was in 91 at the Apocolypse in Toronto for a Halloween party. Pretty sweet sounds. I think I opened for them when i was in a band called Congress. It was at the Shamrock in Toronto or maybe even the Volcano in Kitchener beside Shakedown St. Haven't heard much about them since.

Thanks all. The memories are sweet, yet foggy. They were a fun band and it's been great hearing all your thoughts. More, more... Spadina Hotel anyone? The Theatre?

So they made a "comeback" sometime eh? Awesome. Seriously, the last time I heard their name was around '93. I've been out of the loop...

Is that Vassar's headstock nattyMatty?

You guys rock. Thanks for all the kind welcomes. Best.

Negative StoneMtn, all of these sound familiar, but I don't remember seeing them live (though that doesn't mean I wasn't there). I was just a little head in the late-80's-early 90's so i could only do all-ages shows or (even better) GD tour.

Thanks for putting up with my nostalgic trip, I've seriously been out of the loop for a long time.

Is that Days of You tape available anywhere?

First saw Days of You when they played an outdoor show/festival in Uxbridge in '87. My first year seeing the Dead as well and both experiences sort of went hand in hand. Pretty much changed everything from there on out. Days were the Other Ones then. Travelled all over to see them in the early 90's and then the Fatcats took over (for me anyway) In fact my first time seeing the fatcats was opening for Days at the Serbian club Halloween '92 in Kitchener. Still throw in the odd tape once in a while. When they were on they could really bring it. Great songs, fantastic energy.