Jambands.ca

RC: Osheaga Festival, Montreal

Northern Wish

Sean, most of my friends are going but I can't as I'm moving this weekend. It's a definite sweet lineup and I wouldn't have missed this (even had a free ticket!) but moving is a bigger priority. Dammit.

Have a great time!

AD

I'll be there, and Sloth is coming over from OTtawa. I've got a thousand food recommendations (eating is a bit of a hobby of mine in Montreal!), as far as pre/afterparties, here's what I know:

Friday, September 1st, Osheaga Pre-Party

Lovely Feathers + Faces On Film + The Golden Dogs

9pm @ Main Hall Free for Osheaga ticket holders

Osheaga has their own after-parties scheduled at metropolis and spectrum:

The music keeps on coming at the Osheaga after-show as another member of the illustrious Marley family performs in town: Ziggy Marley will kicks out his laid-back jams at the Spectrum (59 Saint-Catherine Street East) on Saturday night. Tickets for this event are $27.50, or for the first 100 people with an Osheaga pass - just $10, so get there early!

Our friends at MEG have also lined up some great music for post-Osheaga festivities. The MEG After-partys will take place at the Metropolis (59 Saint Catherine Street East) from 11pm-on after each festival day. Saturday night, check out Ellen Allien & Apparat (GER), Ghislain Poirier Live (CAN), Feads & Uffie (FRA), DJ Medhi (FRA), Sebastian (FRA), Busy P. (FRA) and Motormark (UK). Sunday night brings you the legendary ESG (USA), Lio & Tekilatex – TTC – (FRA), Paraone (FRA), Planningtorock (UK/GER), The Chap (UK), Ferenc (SP) and Jean Nippon (FRA). Tickets are just $15 with an Osheaga pass or $20 in regular pre-sale, and $25 at the door. For more info, check out www.megmontreal.com

Other than that I don't know exactly. I'm sure things will come up.

PM me if you have any specific questions though!

what are you guys going to watch?

For me I'm thinking:

Saturday:

-Grace Potter

-Think about Life (these guys are wacky!)

- Dino Jr.

- Metric (maybe)

- Wintersleep

- Amon Tobin

- Sonic Youth

Sunday:

-Islands

- Wolf Parade (don't miss!)

- G Love

- Bell Orchestre

- Flaming Lips

- Maybe a few mins of Ben Harper if I'm up to it.

what is the venue for this fest blane?

is it a big park? or downtown?

i can't decide if going on sunday is worth $60 to me. i know there's some good stuff but like i said, maybe not $60 to me.

but it sounds like a fun day. if i do go, i basically just want to lie on some grass and chill all day :) can i do that?

I'm stoked for this fest.

Looking forward to

Sonic Youth

G Love

Amon Tobin

Flaming Lips

Brazilian Girls

Bell Orchestre

Lady Sovereign

Duchess Says

Dino jr...

...and will try and check out as many bands as I can that I have no idea who they are or what to expect.