Jambands.ca

Umphrey's in Vermont

gkord

i was wondering if by any chance ayone might be doing the umphrey's 2 night run at the Higher Ground in Burlington, VT. i want to come down from Montreal for this and am looking for some people to split hotel costs with. if anyone is and wants to split costs, that would be great. thanks guys!

Gabe

Tomorrow, wooo hoooo!!!! Two nights of Umphrey's in Burlington, this will be great.

Anyone else planning on hitting up the two nights? Anyone that lives in or near south burlington? It'd be nice to meet up with other folks. I know there are quite a few going down for the saturday show (though I don't know if they're on here but fellow ottawaonians that you've probably met at one show or another).

Also, anyone know of any really cheap motels in south burlington? We need to grab a place to stay for the two nights...

Wooooo, hooooo, I can't wait. I really hope they play All in Time, my favorite song.

matt. i booked a cheap motel with my buddy the other day. its actually on the same street as the venue. 88 bucks a night. its called the Ho Hum Motel. oh and we WILL get an All in Time, also my favorite song... unless they play it in Ithaca tonight, which i'm hoping they dont :) i feel like theyre saving the special goods for the Higher Ground. and perhaps we will see a Jen Hartswick appearance or a Dave Grippo sax appearance on Intentions Clear. either way, we will all be rockin' the fuck out come tomorrow night!

all the boys grew mustaches for the tour. it's being dubbed as the songlist mustache tour, as the band has been working off a songlist each night rather than having a set list of song that they are going to play. The Burlington shows were raging. the first show was one of the best i've ever seen, and the second show second set was a total rager! overall it was an amazing 2 nights at the Higher Ground

Higher Ground

South Burlington, Vermont

Set One

Plunger > Meeting in the Aisle > 2x2, Utopian Fir > Jazz Odyssey^ > Uncle Wally^, Luchenbach, Texas^ > "Jimmy Stewart"^ > Mullet (Over)^

Set Two

Pay the Snucka, No More Tears, Intentions Clear > "Jimmy Stewart" > The Triple Wide > "Jimmy Stewart"*, Words, In the Kitchen

Encore Roseanna

Notes ^ with Brendan and Jake on acoustics

* with vocals; similar to vocal "Stewart" from 09.04.05

Higher Ground

South Burlington, Vermont

Set One

Eat, 2nd Self > Jazz Odyssey > The Bottom Half, Dump City > "Jimmy Stewart"* > Ocean Billy**, Tribute to the Spinal Shaft > Dig a Pony

Set Two

Miss Tinkle's Overture > Push the Pig$ > Front Porch > Dear Lord > Front Porch, Senor Mouse, Jazz Odyssey, Got Your Milk (Right Here) > Mulche's Odyssey$$

Encore Hajimemashite > Nopener

Notes * with Intentions Clear jam

** completes the previous night's version

$ with Front Porch teases

$$ with Rock and Roll, part I teases