#18 Physicist Challenges Official 9-11 Story

#19 Destruction of Rainforests Worst Ever

#20 Bottled Water: A Global Environmental Problem

#21 Gold Mining Threatens Ancient Andean Glaciers

#22 $Billions in Homeland Security Spending Undisclosed

#23 US Oil Targets Kyoto in Europe

#24 Cheney’s Halliburton Stock Rose Over 3000 Percent Last Year

#25 US Military in Paraguay Threatens Region

Thanks for the link Willy. I've bookmarked the site so that I can digest the news in small batches. I find if I try to take in too much of that sort of thing at once that I turn into a very unhappy person. I am constantly trying to find the right balance ... I want to stay as informed as possible without driving myself crazy.

Peace, Mark

Apparently we're not supposed to want to know this stuff, but prefer instead to direct our thinking to goods and services we don't have but would like to purchase.

I'll always remember Cockburn once saying that he always respected people in the countries that he travelled in who didn't, in his words, have the leisure to be disinterested in politics.

Apparently we're not supposed to want to know this stuff, but prefer instead to direct our thinking to goods and services we don't have but would like to purchase.

I'll always remember Cockburn once saying that he always respected people in the countries that he travelled in who didn't, in his words, have the leisure to be disinterested in politics.

I remember many years ago a couple of friends of mine saying that they didn't like Cockburn because he was too interested in politics. Come to think of it, they liked to go shopping a lot ...

Peace, Mark

Oh shit, speaking of that, I'd almost kill for one of those new 80GB iPods!

product-black-geo.jpg

Ain't that sweet! ;-)

In a capitalist society such as ours, we vote with our dollars.

from #20,

Most water bottles are made with polyethylene terephthalate, a plastic derived from crude oil. “Making bottles to meet Americans’ demand alone requires more than 1.5 million barrels of oil annually, enough to fuel some 100,000 U.S. cars for a year,†Arnold notes.

Once it has been emptied, the bottle must be dumped. According to the Container Recycling Institute, 86 percent of plastic water bottles used in the United States become garbage or litter. Incinerating used bottles produces toxic byproducts such as chlorine gas and ash containing heavy metals tied to a host of human and animal health problems. Buried water bottles can take up to 1,000 years to biodegrade.

Worldwide, some 2.7 million tons of plastic are used to bottle water each year. Of the bottles deposited for recycling in 2004, the U.S. exported roughly 40 percent to destinations as far away as China, requiring yet more fossil fuel.

Meanwhile, communities where the water originates risk their sources running dry. More than fifty Indian villages have complained of water shortages after bottlers began extracting water for sale under the Coca-Cola Corporation’s Dasani label. Similar problems have been reported in Texas and in the Great Lakes region of North America, where farmers, fishers, and others who depend on water for their livelihoods are suffering from concentrated water extraction as water tables drop quickly.

arrh.

I love the fact that bottled water is so popular that Pepsi and Coke both simply filter tap water and put it in a bottle and sell it. That and the fact that you cannot ask for a glass of water anywhere anymore. Frustrating.

to fuel your sense of outrage...

coke & pepsi's bottled water products are basically coke and pepsi weithout the brown and caffeine. they take water from their filter line (which they filter anyway to make cola) and add "mineral flavours" to it and call it bottled water.

i have seen many times in stores where, ml for ml, the bottled water was more expensive than the cola product.

I ask for and get glasses of water all the time at clubs here in Ottawa, no problem, no cost (and they have ice in them).

Oh, Ottawa. [color:purple]Well, everyone knows that everything is perfect in Ottawa.

;)

Seriously though; there are many bars and entertainment establishments that will no longer provide you with a drink of water or give you great grief before doing so.

[color:purple]Perhaps it's time to get out and see how the rest of the world lives!

coke & pepsi's bottled water products are basically coke and pepsi weithout the brown and caffeine. they take water from their filter line (which they filter anyway to make cola) and add "mineral flavours" to it and call it bottled water.

That I did not know although it makes complete sense. Doesn't this world just piss you off sometimes? What about your parents? Do they ever bug you? I sent this to my mother and her response was, "How do you know any of it is true? Maybe it is all a hoax." Of course, teaching her how to independently research each and every point using the Internet is way more than I signed on for. :)

#18 Physicist Challenges Official 9-11 Story

Has anyone seen 9-11 Loose Change?

Scarey shit going on there.

Steven Jones may be the biggest unreported story of the recent many years. I have heard him present his research, and i have to say that it's compelling.

Research into the events of September 11 by Brigham Young University physics professor, Steven E. Jones, concludes that the official explanation for the collapse of the World Trade Center (WTC) buildings is implausible according to laws of physics. Jones is calling for an independent, international scientific investigation “guided not by politicized notions and constraints but rather by observations and calculations.â€

In debunking the official explanation of the collapse of the three WTC buildings, Jones cites the complete, rapid, and symmetrical collapse of the buildings; the horizontal explosions (squibs) evidenced in films of the collapses; the fact that the antenna dropped first in the North Tower, suggesting the use of explosives in the core columns; and the large pools of molten metal observed in the basement areas of both towers.

Jones also investigated the collapse of WTC 7, a forty-seven-story building that was not hit by planes, yet dropped in its own “footprint,†in the same manner as a controlled demolition. WTC 7 housed the U.S. Secret Service, the Department of Defense, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Mayor’s Office of Emergency Management, the Internal Revenue Service Regional Council, and the Central Intelligence Agency. Many of the records from the Enron accounting scandal were destroyed when the building came down.

google "scholars for 911 truth" and "WTC7" and see for yourself.