Jambands.ca

can't get enough World Party

shitidiot

WOW i love this band. Did any one catch them when they played Toronto/Montreal. I saw them in Philly at Jam on the River and they blew me away. just great classic rock n roll. If i was to explain there sound I'd say British pop rock circa 1968 - 1971. they have this sound with out try to copy the Beatles or the Stones, they make it there own. a must see show for any music lover.

if you haven't heard them before get Egyptology its great start to finish.

world party home page

call me up video

Edited by Guest

I caught them in toronto at the opera house a couple weeks ago. was a great show! :D some old and some new tunes.

Beatles-like, but different, I agree. and the Brit-pop/folk connection to his earlier work with the Waterboys was really apparent too. the new CD is a concept album, about media in the future, and it comes with a matching DVD - nice to grab it for just $15 at the show.

i'd seen him once before, maybe 12 years ago. it was just as good this time. although, the predominantly male crowd was all in their 40s and up, with maybe 10 people under 30yo :) almost felt like a private vip show.

had the chance to have diner with Karl Willanger after the Philly show' date=' what a humble nice person, truly a class act.[/quote']

sweet! how'd ya manage that? and what did he eat? :P

i was working for the new deal... we were backstage at Jam on the River in Philly. It was a sweet line up...World Party> The Duo> The New Deal> Disco Biscuits. after our set went to grab a bite at the artist buffet, noticed Karl was eating by himself ask if we could join him. the dude is a legend and nobody know who the fuck he was. the weather was shit so we just sat and eat and shot the shit till it was time to go to the next gig.

as for what he eat i can't remember??? but if i was to guess i think he had the fish. i had that grilled eggplant with tofu, a side salad and for desert carrot cake! yumm