Jambands.ca

I need a date for Bruce Cockburn....

Calamity Jane

turns out that Dave has an important 'other engagement' on what was to be a stellar night for us (seeing Cockburn once again, then following it up with Dave Lauzon and JSB) While his heart is ripped in two, and he assures me he's leaving part of it behind, I still need another behind to fill the vacant seat.

Ottawa NAC

Sat. Oct 21

Seat M17

$55

The title could sound like you're trying to hook him up :).

I am indeed torn about this - we have a long and distinguished history of catching Cockburn at all opportunities for many years, and the fact that his last album, which is Very Good, has now sunk in after the requisite great many listenings doesn't help very much either. But it does collide with geomouse's 40th bash in Kitchener, and given the way the Mice rallied for me in August when my mother was going through her crisis and gave up their Lose Yer Shoes weekend (including a gig), I owe them big - plus there aren't that many chances to see them, let alone play with them, these days either. And lastly, and importantly, it gives me a chance to see my mom at least once before Xmas, and that's an opportunity I shouldn't pass by.

That said, if someone does find Cockburn a date, I'm sure he'd appreciate it. And if someone can go have my good time vicariously with my sweetie, we'll appreciate that too (just don't have too good a time). Maybe we can do what we saw some folks doing at a Cockburn show at Convocation Hall a couple of years back - leave a cell phone on while he's playing....

Edited by Guest
forgot a point

When I first read CJ's post I thought to myself "Wow, Dr. Evil must have something really important going on to miss a Bruce Cockburn show." Dr. Evil LOVES Bruce Cockburn! I didn't even clue in to the date of the show.

I just finished reading Dr. Evil's reason for missing the show, and I am speechless and teary.

Dave, it will be such a treat to see you in Kitchener for George's birthday. We'll have to play some Cockburn!

Peace, Mark

When I first read CJ's post I thought to myself "Wow, Dr. Evil must have something really important going on to miss a Bruce Cockburn show." Dr. Evil LOVES Bruce Cockburn! I didn't even clue in to the date of the show.

I just finished reading Dr. Evil's reason for missing the show, and I am speechless and teary.

Dave, it will be such a treat to see you in Kitchener for George's birthday. We'll have to play some Cockburn!

Peace, Mark

as usual, what i wanted to add has been added already.

thanks, mark.

niffermouse and i will be seeing bruce on the 19th in guelph, so we get the best of both worlds :P

dave and mark, you guys are both very cool. see you soon!