Jambands.ca

The Last Drop - and other London Venues

Deeps

last drop has terrible sound and a weird small crowded kinda set up upstairs.

alex p. keaton, you'd pack the house on a weekend, but it's even smaller than the last drop - ie: your band and gear will take up most of the room on the floor.

you wanna be hitting up the Salt Lounge these days, or even Rum Runners / Tequila Rose has been starting to book more rock-based bands...

everyone says call the office is a bitch to get gigs at, but if you can, that is THE place in town to play.

We played Tequila Rose.

It is true, they are starting to book more bands but I would clarify with the owner/manager/person that this should be advertised as a "band night" so you don't have a place packed full of people yelling out various phrases such as, "play some hip-hop!" or "play something we KNOW."

Three cheers for keeping music live.

1. Call the Office, for sure. I saw Radiohead there. Nuff said.

2. Salt Lounge is starting to get it together. Big room. Jimmy Swift played there last time they were through.

3. Another option is the Embassy. Once London's true underground stage, I think the last band I saw there was the Rheos a few years ago.

From there it goes downhill. Tequila Rose is a hip-hop club and The Last Drop isn't the greatest room.

Good luck bringing us the goods!!

i remember seeing drums and tuba at the embassy. turned into a punk/live hip hop club when i was in town...it's easier to rip off bands that don't like to 'sell out'

good luck in london. you won't get to play the office during the school year without a buzz/indie snob following though...few people will actually admit to liking tony lima for the same reasons people resent eugene haslam in ottawa. he runs a music venue in a difficult town.

the other places run bars that are trying to stay afloat.

yikes.