Jambands.ca

The Slip Win Best Live Act @ BMA's

M

I remember hearing an interview with Kevin Breit, and the interview asked him a similar question: how did he end up on, for example, a Norah Jones recording? Breit replied that a lot of it was due to producers: if Norah's producer knows/knew (of) Kevin, he might ask him to sit in on a session. Then, if it worked out, Kevin would be an obvious choice for later sessions (and sessions for other artists by the same producer).

Aloha,

Brad

The Slip are so damned golden I'm truly hapy for them. If it makes them a bit more inaccessible (unlikely) but gives them much-deserved exposure it'll be a good good thing.

Interesting though that Marc and Andrew are guesting so frequently while Brad isn't. Maybe that's helping to keep the Slip iteration healthy.

I remember hearing an interview with Kevin Breit, and the interview asked him a similar question: how did he end up on, for example, a Norah Jones recording? Breit replied that a lot of it was due to producers: if Norah's producer knows/knew (of) Kevin, he might ask him to sit in on a session. Then, if it worked out, Kevin would be an obvious choice for later sessions (and sessions for other artists by the same producer).

Aloha,

Brad

That was from the interview (conducted by TimmyB) for episode 1 of the Jamcast. Speaking of which, more will be coming together soon!