Jambands.ca

The Slip - "ROLLING STONE ORIGINALS"

bouche

this link was posted a few weeks ago, but now there is more information on it's destiny

"ROLLING STONE ORIGINALS" EXCLUSIVE VIDEO AVAILABLE ONLINE

In August, the band was invited to spend a day at Manhattan's Quad Studios filming 4 live in-studio videos of songs off of EISENHOWER for a "Rolling Stone Originals" Video EP, to be made permanently available online. The videos are currently streaming along with some exclusive photos and a Celebrity Mix Tape interview at this page. The downloadable version will be available in the coming weeks as The SLIP's performance becomes a featured item on the Rolling Stone website.

Just updated yesterday on Slip website

NEW ALBUM OUT NOVEMBER 7TH!

The day has arrived. The SLIP have signed to the acclaimed Bar/None Records (Architecture in Helsinki, Evan Dando, Yo La Tengo, They Might Be Giants) - and will be releasing their new studio album EISENHOWER into the world on Nov. 7th with the warm fuzzy pride of new parents. Co-Produced by The SLIP and Matthew Ellard (Elliot Smith, Billy Bragg & Wilco, Morphine) and with additional engineering by good friend and fellow Montre-alien Drew Malamud (Stars, Metric, The Dears), EISENHOWER easily stands as the most cohesive and evocative work The SLIP has released to date. Stay tuned for even more shocking and fantastic news.

I hate to say it... but I prefer the Slip live experience more than the 'in the studio' video recording... it seems like there's some energy missing from the performance.. however "Even Rats" is still great... I think Brad is a great singer, but it doesn't show that well here...but because it's rockin' i guess it's not that important.

Any news on the track listing for Eisenhower?