Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

The Habs are 2-4 in shootouts this season:

* Plekanec: 0 goals on 4 attempts (.000)

* Higgins: 0 goals on 3 attempts (.000)

* Kostitsyn: 1 goal on 4 attempts (.250)

* Kovalev: 1 goal on 5 attempts (.200)

* Koivu: 2 goals on 6 attempts (.333)

* Huet (0-2): 3 goals against on 6 attempts (.500 SV%)

Only 'bright' spot:

* Price (2-2): 4 goals against on 19 attempts (.790 SV%)

The Habs are 2-4 in shootouts this season:

* Plekanec: 0 goals on 4 attempts (.000)

* Higgins: 0 goals on 3 attempts (.000)

* Kostitsyn: 1 goal on 4 attempts (.250)

* Kovalev: 1 goal on 5 attempts (.200)

* Koivu: 2 goals on 6 attempts (.333)

* Huet (0-2): 3 goals against on 6 attempts (.500 SV%)

Only 'bright' spot:

* Price (2-2): 4 goals against on 19 attempts (.790 SV%)

I just know the points we are losing in these shootouts are going to come back and bite us at the end of the year.

Guest Low Roller

Ugh... I scraping to find any joy in this organization right now....

The Habs are sucking and the Bulldogs are blowing (lost 5-0 last night and lost 6-0 last week with Gainey in attendance).

Even the junior prospects are looking shaky with our last two first picks David Fischer (2006 R1, 20th overall, D) and Ryan McDonagh (2007 R1, 12th overall, D) not even invited to the US World Junior camp.

Habs Prospects to look for during the World Juniors:

* Max Pacioretty (2007 R1, 22nd overall, LW), Team USA, 1st appearance

* Yannick Weber (2007 R3, 73rd overall, D), Team Switzerland, 3rd appearance

Ryan White (2006 R3, 66th overall, C) and PK Subban (2007 R2, 43rd overall, D) are currently at the Team Canada camp with the final roster announced later this week apparently. last year's final cut Ben Maxwell (2006 R2, 49th overall, C) might have gotten the invite to Team Canada if he wasn't injured all year.

Man, do the Lightning ever make a lot of blind passes -> giveaways in the offensive zone.

So Price has now lost 4 of 5 (and 5 of his last 7) and his SV% has crept down to the .900 range.

What kind of idiots chant Olé with 2 minutes left in a tie game?? I mean, it's not as bad as nananana heyheyhey goodbye, but still.

What kind of idiots chant Olé with 2 minutes left in a tie game?? I mean, it's not as bad as nananana heyheyhey goodbye, but still.

I'm of the opinion that the Olé song isn't reserved for gloating as such, but is a song to reward the team for good play. I know its a hard concept for most other fans to grasp since its so far away from the boring Go Team Go!! :)

I don't know what to think about the habs right now. Price is definitely looking average, but his play is still above the rest of team.

You know your in rough shape when saku is getting booed, but what is the guy supposed to do when he has to setup guys like dandy on his wing. fack.. Go Habs Go... :)

Guest Low Roller

Wasn't the ole ole song recently the catalyst for the away team (Buffalo? Toronto?) tying the game late in the third, then winning in OT? Didn't this one moment turn the Habs entire season around as they have been steadily losing since?

Guest Low Roller
It won't be long until they end up bringing Sergei Kostitsyn to the majors for a stint on the top line, which frankly can't be any worse than all the other players that tried to play on this line.

Holy crap! I was right!

Guest Low Roller

Was that a dump trade (double entendre) if I ever saw one.

Gainey wanted to eliminate the pretty-boy Montreal clique (Theodore, Ribeiro, and Dagenais) because they were locker room ego-monsters, and he succeeded.

The Habs also needed a D-man in return because Souray and Bouillion were injured at the start of last season, as were the two top D-men in Hamilton (JP Cote and Dan Jancevski).

Ribs had a bad reputation in the league at that point, so Gainey traded with difficulty for what he thought was an experienced veteran who could hold his own in Jannne Niiiinniimaaa. Wrong.

You would need to question the pro level scouting in the Habs organization right now... Samsonov, Niinimaa, and Aebischer were all busts last year. This year wasn't looking too promising for Smolinski before his injury. And of course Brisebois was a huge risk, albeit with a minimal downside.

I mean,

Ribs got 4 points? *BARF*