Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck Ribeiro and his points. I couldnt stand that gutless puke. That trade was awesome as far as I am concerned.

But I will point out an idiot. Eklund!

The rumour flying around last night was Koivu, Halak, and Prospect for Perry and Schneider.

Please. Anaheim is not making that deal.

Guest Low Roller

Wow.

Guy Lafleur slagged off Koivu, saying that he "isn't a franchise player" and that is was "time to trade him while he still had market value" (sic).

The original article was posted in the Journal de Montreal. After his "four forth lines" comment and now this, the Habs are getting a bit more than they bargained for from their "Ambassador".

Here is the translation

7291534_36_2.jpglafleur_guy.jpg

Guy has every right to his opinion but I don't think Koivu is going anywhere. I also don't think anyone has ever thought of him as a franchise player. He has a no trade clause and from interviews I have seen he has no interest in leaving. I like him, I have no problem with him in a Habs uniform.

Guest Low Roller

Guy is too high profile to be making these kind of comments because they draw a lot of unwanted attention. All they serve is to distract the team at a time when they are finally pulling themselves out of a rut. But I guess that it comes with the territory of playing in Montreal.

Additionally Guy is being paid by the Habs to represent them in the community. I'm not sure what kind of representative he makes if he just moans all the time about the team. But it shows one thing- that Guy is still very passionate about the team and is frustrated by their ocassional ineptitude, as we all are for that matter...

Koivu is a great playmaker, but I don't think he should be the star, nor should that expectation be put on him. He's one season away from tying the record for longest serving captain, but I'm curious to see if that or being chased out of town comes first with all the talk that's surfaced lately.

Take a look at the Eastern Standings as of this mornng.

Eastern Conference

Team

1. * Ottawa

GP 31 [color:blue]Pts 45

2. * New Jersey

GP 33 [color:blue]Pts 39

3. * Carolina

GP 34 [color:blue]Pts 37

4. Boston

GP 32 [color:blue]Pts 39

5. Montreal

GP 32 [color:blue]Pts 37

6. Philadelphia

GP 31 [color:blue]Pts 35

7. NY Rangers

GP 32 [color:blue]Pts 35

8. Pittsburgh

GP 32 [color:blue]Pts 34

----------------------------------------

9. Toronto

GP 33 [color:blue]Pts 34

10. Buffalo

GP 31 [color:blue]Pts 33

11. NY Islanders

GP 31 [color:blue]Pts 32

12. Florida

GP 33 [color:blue]Pts 32

13. Tampa Bay

GP 33 [color:blue]Pts 31

14. Atlanta

GP 32 [color:blue]Pts 29

15. Washington

GP 34 [color:blue]Pts 29

* = Division Leader

It's going to be a crazy year. Every point counts.

I wish I was the one interviewing Guy because after he would have said that I would have asked:

"So how is your loser son doing?"

He's probably trying to take the media pressure off his family. Fuck'him Roller and stop worrying about it. You breed this shit as much as they do.

But keep in mind that any trade Gainey can make to improve the team should be made without sacrificing the future too much, of course.

Guest Low Roller

The standings are crazy. I'm thankful that at least every team has gone through a rut, so the one that the Habs had (hoping it's over, knock on wood) didn't hurt them too much in the standings.

I love this league because last year's bottom-feeder Bruins and Flyers are now icing competitive teams, meanwhile last year's dominant Sabres are struggling. This salary cap has made the entire league intriguing to watch and every single game means so much more now.

Guy has got to let it go. The Habs are not as bad as he as exclaimed. The league is different now. Franchise players can dictate more where they want to play. Montreal does not have the aura it used to have to draw players. Why [lay in the media pressure cooker of Montreal when yo can go to Colorado or San Jose.

Anyway, I like what Gainey is doing. We are competitive and have some solid young players. Hopefully he will be able to draw a big name player here. We will just have to wait and see.

I wish I was the one interviewing Guy because after he would have said that I would have asked:

"So how is your loser son doing?"

And that would have what relevance to the game being played on the ice?

That's the kind of trashy comment that a 'journalist' would make that would drive most fans, like you, nuts! Kettle, meet Pot :)

GoEnglish_com_ThePotCallingTheKettleBlack.gif

I love this league because last year's bottom-feeder Bruins and Flyers are now icing competitive teams, meanwhile last year's dominant Sabres are struggling. This salary cap has made the entire league intriguing to watch and every single game means so much more now.

The NFL called, they said you are missing out on an even better product.

Guest Low Roller

The game is too slow for me, but I get what you are getting at. I'd love to see a salary cap in the English Premier league- but we all know that will NEVER happen.

I love this league because last year's bottom-feeder Bruins and Flyers are now icing competitive teams' date=' meanwhile last year's dominant Sabres are struggling. This salary cap has made the entire league intriguing to watch and every single game means so much more now.

[/quote']

The NFL called, they said you are missing out on an even better product.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!

The Habs are going with the same lineup tonight as they did against the Laughs on Saturday night.

Where's this guy when you need him???????

mn-12-2.jpg

I think in most cases an Olympic gold or world championship would be the most satisfying - more so than winning a Stanley Cup. But winning a Stanley Cup with Montreal Canadiens - that is the most satisfying.