Jambands.ca

50 worst artists in Music History

bouche

This list indicates that whoever wrote it has a very limited knowledge of musical artists.

A few (very few) of these deserve to be there. Otherwise, I can easily name 50 worse bands, but most of them are certainly not as well known as Iron Butterfly or The Doors.

This list is just silly.

This list indicates that whoever wrote it has a very limited knowledge of musical artists.

I recognize the majority of the journalists who wrote this collaborative piece from their many years of writing for Mojo, Q, Melody Maker, Rolling Stone and the late great Musician magazine. Some of their careers go back to the mid 1970's.

It's cool if you don't like the article but their credentials are pretty solid. John Aizlewood I recall in particular wrote some amazingly lucid and rather hilarious articles for Q in it's glory days.

My top five would be Starship, Air Supply, Rush, all boy/girl bands, and the most repulsive, irritating artist of all fucking time--Buck Cherry. I had to listen to that fucking song for an entire year at school. Htz.FM the worst radio station on earth played it religiously-- every fucking morning at 9 am during my prep. If I ever meet that annoying piece of shit, I am going to fight.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

So, they have credentials; so what?

They didn't mention a single artist who sold less than a million albums, from what I can tell.

Pretty limited pool to choose from.

Credentials mean something to me in this context. This isn't some pimply-faced kid's blog. These cats know about popular music, it's their bread and butter.

It's a mainstream magazine, not an underground thing. Sure, The Disco Biscuits fit the bill but a list of terrible bands no-one knows about isn't exactly going to sell copy.

Okay, now that's the point.

This is not a list of the 50 worst bands in musical history. It's a list of the 50 worst RADIO bands.

Otherwise, where is Maggot Sandwich? The Accursed? Semi-Detached Antenna? The Sons Of Ishmael?

I agree that a list made up of bands that people haven't generally heard of will sell less than a list of bands people have heard of. That still doesn't make it a list of the actual 50 worst bands/musicians.

I think we agree on that, anyway.

Guest Low Roller

What is up with your avatar jonyak????????

Messed up.

I read the list and I was amused by it. Obviously the authors all concluded that ICP are the worst band ever first and the how fun it would be to try and make a top 50 list.

Okay, now that's the point.

This is not a list of the 50 worst bands in musical history. It's a list of the 50 worst RADIO bands.

Otherwise, where is Maggot Sandwich? The Accursed? Semi-Detached Antenna? The Sons Of Ishmael?

I agree that a list made up of bands that people haven't generally heard of will sell less than a list of bands people have heard of. That still doesn't make it a list of the actual 50 worst bands/musicians.

I think we agree on that, anyway.

Oh dude I don't think we're in much disagreement regardless but I do appreciate your consideration.

I'm willing to grant mainstream publications like Blender some hyperbolic licence. Everyone knows the list of shitty artists they've heard in their lives far exceeds the arbitrary # of fifty anyway!

peace and love!