Jambands.ca

Holiday food - do you or yours make anything special?

Davey Boy 2.0

My Dad always makes quiche and a big ole batch of sausage rolls for the holi's. i think i'm going to try to make some sausage rolls myself next w.e., see how they go kinda thing.

i'm also trying to get my aunt t make these things my Nana used to make, sweet maries they're called- delish. they're kinda like sweet marie chocolate bars but better.

obviously this is in addition to the big-ass turkey meal, we tend to like to have 'munchies' around.

oh yes and i plan on eating my fair share of croquettes, but these are generally store bought as they're tricky to make

frig i'm hungry

Just my family's Christmas cake, which isn't your typical fruit/nut loaf. Instead, it's made with torn-up angel food cake, folded into a mixture of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips and whipped cream. Let it set overnight (covered in plastic wrap, with toothpicks to keep the wrap off the top of the cake), and serve cold.

My Mom also makes her own type of Christmas cookies, which are really just ground up graham cracker crumbs, evaporated milk (I think), and chocolate chips, rolled in either shredded coconut or icing sugar.

I, too, am hungry.

Aloha,

Brad

The only thing that I need to make every holiday is my crab / caviar cups.

Start with a really delicate cracker, nothing over-powering (I use the little cup kind).

Mix:

Crab Meat

Cream cheese

Mayo

Little cayenne

Salt

Pepper

Put that mixture on your cracker and top generously with caviar.

To me that says Christmas. But bouche pointed out that I really can make that any time of the year. I just don't. I like that it's my holiday treat.