Jambands.ca

Gathering of the Vibes 2007 - initial announcement

Big Wooly Mammoth

Looks like the 2007 Vibes is going to be another good year.

I wasn’t sure about going to the 2007 vibes after I heard about the change in venues, but the initial band announcement (Ratdog, Los Lobos, DBB, AOD, Buddy Guy, DDBB) and the following info are making me lean towards going.

One big change over the 1999-2000 Gatherings at Seaside Park is a feature we've all come to love in recent years: YES, there will be car-side camping! Along with flush toilets, showers, playgrounds, a skate park, and over a mile of pristine beach within a short walk, this is shaping up to be the ideal space for our annual 'family reunion.' We look forward to seeing you there - it truly wouldn't be the same without you!
(From: http://www.gatheringofthevibes.com/2007)

Sounds like a styling venue!

They’re also allowing people to come in on the Thursday for $20 per vehicle.

Early bird tix go on sale on Thursday Dec 21 @ 10AM for $100. (Last year they went on sale in April)

There's a bunch more info on the site including new FAQs, a photo montage of the venue and the photo gallery from 2006 is also up.

oh ya, the dates are Aug 9-12, 2007.

(Kanada Kev - will Buddy Guy get you there this year?)

(Kanada Kev - will Buddy Guy get you there this year?)

LOL ... i had a feeling that by the end of the post you'd be working on getting me out this year . Looks great, and the time to preplan could actually make it happen!

Let me look into some of the details and see if I can plant the seeds for some summer plans :) It would be great to see you guys again ... it's been too long.

Say hi to the family.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

I was at Seaside Park in 1999 & 2000 and the venue is amazing beside the fact it was literally surrounded by a ghetto. Beautiful place except for the local crack dealers, thugs, and prostitutes ... who they let into the park for free in 2000. I hope they learned their lesson.

I was at my first gathering last summer, and I would say that I loved the venue!!! I do hope that they have the same sort of hospitality with washroom attendants, and shower attendants; that was gold.

Washroom and shower attendents? Sounds creepy.

New Rule: and this one is long overdue: No more bathroom attendants. After I zip up, some guy is offering me a towel and a mint like I just had sex with George Michael. I can't even tell if he's supposed to be there, or just some freak with a fetish. I don't want to be on your webcam, dude. I just want to wash my hands.

I had a great time at last year's festival, even with the huge wait in line to get in and with the major rainstorm on the last night. Definitely a great vibe in the campground. Awesome music.

Clean bathrooms and showers are definitely a huge bonus two or three days into a big festival!

It's too early for me to commit to summer festivals at this point, but I will be keeping GOTV in mind when I start making my summer 2007 plans.

Peace, Mark