Jambands.ca

Greetings from Boston!

mattyp

Hey Skanks!

Just thought I'd drop a quick "Hello"! I'm getting settled down in Boston, and still trying to kick that cold I was carrying around the week before xmas. I met a whole bunch of you that week. Great times at the Festival of Lights - Winter Solstice Celebration in Kensington Market. Lots of faces and names, and not sure I connected them all, so feel free to drop me a note.

I hope everyone has a great New Year !!!

Peace,

Matty

watch out for a band called The Slip

very controversial.

have great times, Boston has always seemed like a very vibrant cultural and historical center to me... proud and free.

fighting the same cold, almost got it beat... feels like its been forever... think of it as well spent training for your immune system so it may stave off the super-viruses of the future

Edited by Guest
head cold

last night's emily haines show can only be summed up in one word (preferably using 68pt font): MEH! as nice a voice that girl has... she has no talent for writing a melody. every song was the same depressed minimalist piano line, with the bass and drums joining on the 4 count. the choice of beers wasn't much better: bud, bud lite, miller, miller lite, sam adams, sam adams light, ameri-heineken (barf). nonetheless, i have now been inside the paradise rock club. wooo.

tonight, a visit to cheers!, and a self guided walking tour of Beacon Hill and the Boston Common (a public space obviously named after chicago rapper, common). i'm also gonna try and track down newbury comics.

tomorrow: the parquet floor. indiana takes on the suck-ass celtics. wooo! look for me on tv :)

work trips are fun!

Hit Filene's Basement for the best and cheapest shopping of your life. If you need anything (Clothes, kitchen, home, gadgets, gifts) this is the place to go.

If you're exploring the common it's quite close.

it's in the 'downtown crossing' shopping area at the corner of washington and summer, here is a link

newbury comics is in back bay, about a 25 minute walk from the common at 332 Newbury

Hey there,

Whew! I'm behind on my e-mail correspondence, and I guess I haven't been checking this board either...

questcequecest? - I'm going to PM you with my phone numbers.

Cheers ;)

Matty

PS If you want to go to a REAL Boston bar, come down to Jamaica Plain (a few T stops south of Copley Square). Doyle's opened it's doors in 1882. One of the original walls still remains, and the bar in current use was installed in 1905. Plus, a GREAT selection of New England beer on tap, and well within walking distance or very short drive from my apartment. Far enough away from tourist spots and they only take cash, so it really is mostly a local bar. Kennedys, mayors, and other folks of that sort are known to stop by, old photos up all over the place.

Matt- next time we're down you'll have to take us to Doyles!

That's a deal!

Strange thing... I had this dream last night that Whelan's Gate was remodeled, all the woodwork removed, bright lights and bright paint, and they only had 4 taps, like Coors and Bud. Maybe 'nightmare' is more appropriate than 'dream'!