Jambands.ca

NBA Tips - Rockets vs Suns

AD

One disappointing thing is that you'll miss the freak of nature Yao Ming. He's injured. Phoenix has three of the top players in the league: Shawn Marion, Amari Stoudamire and Steve Nash. Houston still has former Raptors Tracy McGrady (one of the NBA's best players) and the lunatic Rafer Alston.

awesome, this sounds like it will be a good game to watch, at least for Phoenix.

Mutumbo is the backup for Ming?

Funny story about Mutumbo: a former roomate's sister went to school in Denver when Mutumbo played for the Nuggets. She was at a bar when Mutumbo walked in. The DJ cut the music, everyone looked at the door to see what happened, there's Dikembe. He yells "Who's coming home with Dikembe?" and girls flock towards him. Apparently he took 5 or 6 home from the bar that night.

thanks for your tips, i'll post a review after the game next week

the Suns are one of the premiere teams in the league and the Rockets are decent but definately not as good as they could be (because Yao is injured). T-Mac is an excellent ball player however they will be no match for Captain Canada. I predict the Suns win like 115-106 or something...

Steve Nash is one of the greatest players to watch play basketball...your in for a treat.

awesome, this sounds like it will be a good game to watch, at least for Phoenix.

Funny story about Mutumbo: a former roomate's sister went to school in Denver when Mutumbo played for the Nuggets. She was at a bar when Mutumbo walked in. The DJ cut the music, everyone looked at the door to see what happened, there's Dikembe. He yells "Who's coming home with Dikembe?" and girls flock towards him. Apparently he took 5 or 6 home from the bar that night.

thanks for your tips, i'll post a review after the game next week

I've heard that story told on Jim Rome's show and on The Fan in Toronto. It may be an urban legend.

awesome' date=' this sounds like it will be a good game to watch, at least for Phoenix.

thanks for your tips, i'll post a review after the game next week[/quote']

I've heard that story told on Jim Rome's show and on The Fan in Toronto. It may be an urban legend.

I used to do that at Stages in the late 90's but the most women I ever took home was 4.

damn. i really wanted to believe it.

oh well. not the first time i've been had

funny story nonetheless

Oh, I think there is truth in this story, but I'm skeptical of the witnesses. I heard it happened at a campus bar when Mutombo went to Georgetown - that was in the late 80's to 1991.

• 2 weeks later...

So the game was tonight

BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING

What a snoozer. The Suns barely showed up to play. They could have crushed the rockets; when the played how they wanted to and didn't turn the ball over, they absolutely killed. But it was sooooo boring.

And super short too.

I don't think I'll pay to see any more basketball games.

I'm a hockey fan. Americans can keep their boring baseball and basketball.

That's too bad!

Looks like the Suns played great though maybe a little light on the dunks, but raining threes, and a couple 10+ pont comebacks! Nash played another MVP game with 14 assists and putting in enough points to put them in the Win colum, and another game Rafer Alston proved that he was a 30pt. liability.

Oh well, the brilliance of Nash is subtle... kind of like Wade Reddens game... it's all about Wins, and for a little guy from the west, both Nash and Redden are marquee players.

I must admit that NBA games can be really boring, but if you have a team to root for and/or have an emotional attatchment(i.e. the Raptors), basketball is a good sport. I'm a die-hard Raptors fan and love watching them play.

However, college basketball is one of the best sports to watch. Go Syracuse!!!

I must admit that NBA games can be really boring, but if you have a team to root for and/or have an emotional attatchment(i.e. the Raptors), basketball is a good sport. I'm a die-hard Raptors fan and love watching them play.

However, college basketball is one of the best sports to watch. Go Syracuse!!!

Agreed. I can't get into the NBA at all. I like it when the Raptors do well but I can't say I've ever watched a game from beginning to end.

I will, however, catch a full game or two during March Madness. The action is better and there's something about 20 minute halves that works for me.

hicks with sticks?

you don't know what you're talking about. (and considering you don't like hockey you'll probably agree).

True. I don't like hockey. That being said I am aware and know the players/teams, rivalries etc..

And all I know is when I see a guy in a post game interview with no teeth and a sweaty mullet I think...........................................................

HICKS WITH STICKS!!!

(continues to stoke fire)

Chameleon can't skate!!!

Well, I can skate but not well. I skate like Nancy Kerrigan after a pipe beating on her period. Basically I can get around but it looks painful, feels awkward and aint' pretty at all..

Will you just made me cry a little.....

OK Go Leafs Go! there I just showd some hockey spirit.

God I love that Brad Marsh! He's still playing right?.....

hahhahahahah........

Edited by Guest