Jambands.ca

Coachella 2007 lineup

AD

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is definitely an intense lineup.

Glad to see that there's an indie rock focus at broo as well as coachella. As much as there's a lot of kitsch/camp it's the most groundbreaking scene as far as instrumentation and arrangement are concerned. Indie now is purely the hip scene of any era.

scales and rhythms aside jazz nerds, along the years the bands that have had the most musical impact on the world and popular (not mass) culture share the same line of critics.

I am immmensely impressed with the Coachella lineup but realistically how many acts per day can I expect to catch? Something of this scale is going to require major sacrifices somehow.

In any case it might be time to call up my cousin in LA and book some couch space.

Adam

Just for clarity's sake... LA is about 3 hours away, with weekend traffic.

It is not a big concert ground and it's easy to catch multiple acts. The two main stages are about a 5 minute walk from each other. Creates some interesting sound bleed when two dynamically-opposed acts are playing... Get the Coachella DVD and see what I mean in the Belle & Sebastian segment... Foo Fighters are playing next door and it makes for some funny improv...

AD

I went last year and said that I would never go back after being handcuffed and kicked out for peeing behind some trees way out of sight

Handcuffed and kicked out? That's way harsh.

I mean come on, i figure takin' it to the perimeter has got to count for something..

I think the poster is funny. Btu if TOTO were actually playing at Cochella the whole festival would go up a notch.

TOTO is an amazing band and a technically flawless group of players. Yes they have thier cheese, but Rosanna, Africa, Waiting for you love and Hold the Line are amazing songs...

and Steve Lukather is one of the best guitarist alive easily on par with Jeff Beck and Eddie Van Halen

toto2020africa.jpg

Btu if TOTO were actually playing at Cochella the whole festival would go up a notch.

Arg.

Anyways, Expedia is listing flights from Buffalo to Palm Springs $357 return. Anyone have anything to say about Expedia? Good? Bad?

AD

Jesus & Mary Chain added. Wow what a lineup.

Wow the Jesus and Mary Chain. I love the fukkin band. They started out as a bunch of anarchistic wankers. 3 Strings on their guitars, 20 minute concerts a whole bunch of Fuck You's to their crowd, brilliant stuff. Feedback and noise.

One of my conert highlights was seeing JMC at the Concert Hall in the late 80's. Remember thinking I was gonna die that day, boy what a rowdy crowd.

Still have them in my iTunes lineup.