Jambands.ca

mp3 conversion

Dr_Evil_Mouse

I'm trying to get a track from a (non-protected) cd into mp3, but can't seem to get mkw to deal with it (ctrl-drop has no effect). So I downloaded the latest version of LAME, and installed it, but when I click on it to start the program, nothing happens but for a black DOS-esque box that flashes for a quarter-second on the screen. Any suggestions?

Hmm... I think I just managed another good step, getting the LAME xp interface. I realise now, though, that the computer won't recognise the wav tracks on the cd as wav's. How can I get around this?

EAC. The tracks on an audio CD might be wav format, but they're not wav files; EAC will extract tracks from audio CDs to wav files for you.

Aloha,

Brad

Dunno. I've been using EAC along with LAME to do my conversions and the quality has been fantastic. Get the latest of both and set 'er up. Here's a site that really details the process.

http://www.nightmedia.net/docs/convertmp3.html

In EAC, go into your Compression Options (under File) and click on the External Compression tab. In the "Additional Command Line Options" line enter the following:

-V 2 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

Good Luck.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

It's kind of embarrassing, for someone who rants against Windows as much as I do - the Media Player (which I updated finally later this afternoon) did the trick. All I can assume is that our computer has been adequately assimilated to the MS Borg and needs a little reminder that alternatives remain.

That said, it does have remarkably few options, and I'd like to figure out what wasn't going right with the other progs before I embark again on such a frustrating route.