Jambands.ca

Spades looking for logo

Dr. J

For anyone who may be artistically inclined and have an interest.

From www.thespades.ca

We are looking to get some original art done for the new album, Let It Grow. Essentially we would like to have our full name (James McKenty and The Spades) put into a hand drawn, painted, or graphic design logo. Something that can be identified with us as soon as it is spotted on a poster, web or CD. It can be just the band name or anything resembling a crest or pattern surrounding the name is also welcomed and encouraged.

Try anything! The person whose art seems to work best will receive acknowledgement on the CD, an advance copy of Let it Grow, a T-shirt, tickets to shows and anything else we can think of! You shall be rewarded.

Thanks for the help. Please email your ideas to ryan@thespades.ca

Hey Dr.J

I've got half a mind to head to peterborough tonight.

..if only I weren't still catching up from a weekend-long party, followed by a week out of town, followed by a hectic week at work trying to meet deadlines... the thought of actually resting is so appealing

well, you never know, the guys' have been singing 'loved on look' direct circuit through my brain all morning :P

oh, and with respect to the logo, what ever happened to brooke's art :o:o:o??? not quite suitable?! :P;)

Hey Dr.J

I've got half a mind to head to peterborough tonight.

phew hectic times mooose. Of course, an evening at the Moho is always a tempting diversion. Word on the street is the boys are laying down some new tunes lately, so I'm anxious to catch up with them myself.

If you go, travel safe, say hello to everyone and make sure they lay on some Loved on Look for ya :D

I have a concept...no artwork to back it up yet.

A closeup image of a dirty spade about to enter the ground with a well-worn work boot very close to impacting the top of the spade. The spade's target is some form of flower.... a morning glory perhaps, or even a marijuana plant before it's matured.

This could all be done with a camera. Since it's winter here, it wouldn't be that easy to find the 'props'.

Just popped in here, glad to see some discussion about this. The name The Spades has been used many times,there is a great picture of a 60's garage band on the net somewhere. We had to change our name to James McKenty and The Spades. I edited my post about this on our site, as I thought "Logo" was not the right wording for what we are trying to find. The challenge for us is the length of our name and having it in a design that is original. If I can figure out how to post a picture here I'll give you the look of the album cover minus band name. Booche, I like your idea.

We've used the card symbol for the spades suit lots.

Edited by Guest