May 24 - Salmon Arm @ Salmar Theatre

May 31 - Lasqueti @ Jenny's Place

June 2 - Gibsons @ Heritage Theatre

June 4 - Seattle, venue tba

June 5 - Portland, venue tba

Thanks for the info Alexis!

May 3 - Ottawa, venue tba

May 5 - Wakefield, venue tba

I will be at both of these. I saw the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players a couple of years ago with Alexis and it was awesome. I've also heard some solo Jason Trachtenburg stuff and it's quite good. I recommend checking him out.

ummmm, they're fun to see live. you've really got to hear the music and see the slides to really "get it". they have a video which is funny, but it's not really the whole experience.

it's got an awww cute factor to it...it's not the kind of thing you dance around to or see night after night.

i doubt there will be slides with this show as that's more of a family affair. but that's just an educated guess.

I have also not seen them live but I don't get it either.Its just too gimmicky to me.I can see the whole slide show thing being novel and avant garde for like maybe one tour -after that its just artsy grandstanding-meh.

I feel like I'm being asked to approve middle of the road musicality because of the whole additional family/slideshow claptrap.Like if Beck kind of sucked but I decided to think he was awesome just because of the puppet shows.

look, i don't think every night of music you go to see has to be mind blowing and suberbly played. yeah, it's gimmicky, in a way.....but it's also fun to see what punky boys and the quirky girls that love them grow up to be. and in this case, it's a fun, loving, musically creative family unit. it's also nice to see that babies don't have to stop the music that the parents like to make.

In what way is the Trachtenburg Family awesome? I haven't seen them, but I've checked them out on line and I think I must be missing something.

You nailed it. Can you imagine what a fucking nightmare weekend in New York it would be if you had to stay with the Trachtenberg family. I'm talking infusion teas, high colonics, almost beating that little fucking girl to death after the fourth mention of Simone DeBeauvoir.