Jambands.ca

Jagr & Shanahan ... boo hoo

Kanada Kev

TOR_stajan_NYR_jagr_2616.jpg

Not to give the refs too much credit, but this tirade made me LOL:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=194452&hubname=

Jagr is a big boy and should be able to take care of himself. He's their top scorer, so of course opposing teams are going to target him. That's what shuts him down.

All this complaining by Shanahan about missed/bad calls after he KICKS IN the only goal by the Rangers last night :P

FWIW, the Refs are slacking. What was a penalty at the beginning of the year is not always a penalty now. The refs (atlest some of them) have started to creep back towards the 'drama calling' they were doing in the era of the trap, where the would make calls to 'orchestrate' an entertaining hockey game, with little regard to "A rule is a rule", that's why you could see people getting away with murder with the stick, and every so often when they 'needed' to call a penalty, they'd have dozens of infractions, on both sides, to choose from and they would just call it. What you would call the "old NHL".

My "New NHL" counter example, is that fuckin VanMassenhoven. Sens up 1-0, Montreal pressing, Vermette steals it and starts skating out of his zone, hooked by Montreal on the hands, puck slides out to the point, kept in, and leads to the Souray goal. Then bam, within 4 min it's 3-1. Drama non-call, and it 'worked', or else the fucker could of ended up 1-0. VanMassenhoven is Darth Vader to Bill McCreary's Obi Wan. Atleast with the Sens and the drama calls.

The Washington game was just as bad, Sens scrape to get the lead, get no powerplay time, and then all the calls start going one way, and voila, they are back in it... it took a freakin Elbow from Brashear to get the Refs attention, and there were interference infrations all over the ice. Even when we got one, the Refs called Meszaros for a dive... fuck that, his choice was to either fall flat on to a stick, or to roll off the stick and away from it, I think he did the one that would hurt less. He was hooked, and he was falling... how he falls, if he can choose, is up to him... if he wasn't hooked, he wouldn't be in that situation.

By the sounds of the 2-1 game against the Leafs that this article is in reference to, sounds like the Leafs need all the help they can get just to remain on life support this year. Deal with it... No Stanley for you Toronto.

Edited by Guest

I agree with you. The refs try to infuse their characteristic "orchestrations" in the game. It's NOT their game. Kerry Frasier was notorious for this. They want the spotlight in the tense moments of the game (especially in the last 5 minutes).

I hate it that infractions are called penalties at different times within a game and within the season and playoffs! Fuck, everybody loves it when they just let the players play!!!! All this, and with 2 refs on the ice they seem to be blowing more calls. Often, there tend to be drama calls to appease the fans when their home-team is behind nearing the end of the game. NO MERCY penalties.

As for the Leaf game, I just couldn't believe they allowed a goal that was so blatantly kicked in, and obvious from all the replays. Guess they didn't want the fans in NY to be shutout .. pfft.

Whatever the case, i'm looking forward to watching some good games this weekend. The Montreal v. Pittsburgh game is more appealing to me than watching the Super Blow on Sunday :)

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Guess they didn't want the fans in NY to be shutout .. pfft.

Tell me you don't actually believe that. The refs/league didn't want the NY fans to see their team shutout? Are you fucking kidding me?

I hope that was meant as a joke or I clearly overestimated you, Leaf fan.

Guest Low Roller

The Rangers acquired Sean Avery. Things are about to heat up on Broadway.

(not in a "new NHL" kind of way. More like old school goonery kind of way)