Jambands.ca

why house music is awsome.

been there once about 3yrs ago with my old roomie that was totally engulfed into that scene. After months of naggin me to go with him I dreadfully went one night ... hated the music and the people I was surrounded and snubbed by, probably since I wasnt wearing fancy club cloths or sporting a fancy gelled hairstyle... but I did love being on a roof top over looking the toronto skyline ... would be a great venue full of hippies and sick jams

been there once about 3yrs ago with my old roomie that was totally engulfed into that scene. After months of naggin me to go with him I dreadfully went one night ... hated the music and the people I was surrounded and snubbed by, probably since I wasnt wearing fancy club cloths or sporting a fancy gelled hairstyle... but I did love being on a roof top over looking the toronto skyline ... would be a great venue full of hippies and sick jams

meh, can't say i agree.

like any scene, its filled with incredible people, and scumbags.

the gelled out snobby meatheads that know nothing about muisc, kindness, or bringing incredible energy are to house muisc.....what disgusting fucked up weirdos holding babies at 4am to the hippy scene.

to truly understand what makes a scene tick, you have emerse yourself in it... and after a bunch of parties/trips, i can safely say that the house scene, is filled with equally as many kind people as the hippy scene... cept they smell nice and wear nice clothing... the girls don't know how to make home made yogurt, but they sure know how position thier breasts on the dance floor in such a way to make railing K off their titties a snap... its really a beautiful thing.

hippies are just as snobby to outsiders as any other niche scene...i've seen this first hand.

people that really love thier electronica are pretty much there for the same reason as hippies that love their groovey jams... they want to lose their shit the music they love...and will travel long distances for it.

being a social chameleon is what its all about.

The Bell Centre in montreal had a 12 hour party with the headliner going on at 8am... it was filled with 5000 people... not once did i see anyone puking ....or pissing in the sinks/garbages...i so no scum bag behavior.... can u say that about any given phish show in an arena?

Edited by Guest

the girls don't know how to make home made yogurt, but they sure know how position thier breasts on the dance floor in such a way to make railing K off their titties a snap

Tell 'em to hang out at the university library where zero spends his time.

Aloha,

Brad

I'd love to look at renting that place out for a show or a launch or something. I bet in the afternoon or something you could work it. I actually used to know one of the owners of the Haus but its ownership is nefarious and has changed a number of times. I also know there are private rooms that are like secret and ultra ultra vip where cops are entertained on duty, the sort of thing that doesn't play out in the media well when it comes out.

I pretty much agree with the little dimaweasel about the gino/incredible people ratio but dude aren't you like a decade late on this tip?

I'm still trying to understand how they get around all sorts of legalities in this legal climate with basically having a rave in a straight venue.