Jambands.ca

The LEGENDARY 12 Song Album Game!

MarcO

Well, looking at my own submission, in fairness, I don't know whether or not "rosetta" really exists. It's clearly an ingredient in the muffins made at the end of Joe's Garage, but I don't know whether or not Zappa invented the term.

Anyone know? In any event, do fictional spices count?

Well, in fairness, I don't know whether or not "rosetta" really exists. It's clearly an ingredient in the muffins made at the end of Joe's Garage, but I don't know whether or not Zappa invented the term.

Anyone know? In any event, do fictional spices count?

I always thought the little green rosetta was a decorative (as opposed to flavourful) thing, probably made out of sugar, the way those numbers you put on birthday cakes are.

Take a tip from Joe, do like he did, hock your imaginary guitar and get a good job...Joe did, and he's a happy guy now, on the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snoot of a fully-charged icing anointment utensil. And every time a nice little muffin comes by on the belt, he poots forth...

...a little green rosetta. So it's sugar, not a spice.

Aloha,

Brad

so, I'm assuming you want to change your's. Just put it back in if not Mr. Mtn.

Okay, so MadLib has an album special herbs 1&2, and it's gold for this... I'll put in the most obscure one I could find:

ok, next theme: Songs about spices

1. Macy Gray - My Nutmeg Fanstasy

2. Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl

3. Butthole Surfers - Pepper

4. Simon and Garfunkle - Scarborough Fair/Canticle

5. The Searchers - Sugar and Spice

6. Beatles - Mean Mr. Mustard

7. The Grateful Dead - Sage & Spirit

8. James Taylor - Chili Dog

9. Ziggy Marley - Herbs An' Spices

10. MF Doom - Fenugreek

Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) belongs to the family Fabaceae. Fenugreek is used both as an herb (the leaves) and as a spice (the seed). It is cultivated worldwide as a semi-arid crop.

The name fenugreek or foenum-graecum is from Latin for "Greek hay". Zohary and Hopf note that it is not yet certain which wild strain of the genus Trigonella gave rise to the domesticated fenugreek, but believe it was brought into cultivation in the Near East. Charred fenugreek seeds have been recovered from Tell Halal, Iraq (radiocarbon dating to 4000 BC) and Bronze Age levels of Lachish, as well as desiccated seeds from the tomb of Tutankhamen.[1] Cato the Elder lists fenugreek with clover and vetch as crops grown to feed cattle (De Agri Cultura, 27).

The rhombic yellow to amber colored fenugreek seed, commonly called Methi is frequently used in the preparation of pickles, curry powders and pastes, and is often encountered in the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent. The young leaves and sprouts of fenugreek are eaten as greens and the fresh or dried leaves are used to flavor other dishes. The dried leaves (called kasuri methi) have a bitter taste and a strong characteristic smell.

Edited by Guest
MF Doom/Madlib... what did your Momma call you?

10. MF Doom - Fenugreek

11. Kool & The Gang - Open Sesame

10. MF Doom - Fenugreek

11. Kool & The Gang - Open Sesame

12.Galactic - Blue Pepper

I guess the donovan song is a go, but personally I think there is meaning to the words in the title beyond the context of the song. A hurdy gurdy man is someone who plays a hurdy gurdy or am I the only person who thinks this.

Songs with Words that have No Meaning(other than in context to the song) in the title:

1. Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man

2. Richard M. Sherman - Supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious (sung by Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins)

3. Rheostatics - The Tarleks

4. Iron Butterfly - Inagaddadavida

5. traditional-ramalamadingd ong

6. Sharon, Lois & Bram - Skinamarinky dinky doo

Songs with Words that have No Meaning(other than in context to the song) in the title:

2. Richard M. Sherman - Supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious (sung by Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins)

7. The Beatles - Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da

7. The Beatles - Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da

8. Frank Zappa - Tengo na minchia tanta