Jambands.ca

Forsberg to Nashville

SevenSeasJim

Sources tell TSN the Nashville Predators have agreed to trade Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a first round pick and a third round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for Peter Forsberg.

It is important to note that while the two teams may have agreed on the players involved, the deal is not official until it is approved by the league via a trade call involving both teams and NHL Central Registry. Sources say that call has not been completed, so it is premature to say that the deal has been finalized, only that it has been tentatively agreed to by both teams and it is expected.

Sooooooooooo... Forsberg eh? Nashville is GOING FOR IT... They need to make a big splash to survive and grow their fan base, so this makes sense. What an offensively talented team they have, and some great defence that has fully benefitted from the emergence of Shea Weber as a dominant force on the Blueline. I think only San Jose, and Detroit with a Dominant Hasek can maybe squeek one out against the Preds from the west. Anaheim if their Somphmores get out of their slup, and Selanne doesn't slow down...

Very interesting indeed... I'm tempted to fire up NHL07 to try out the lines... would a line of Karyia - Sullivan - Forsberg be the way to go... or do you split them up and see if Forsberg has chemistry with a guy like Erat? Anyways, I really admire the peices the Preds have managed to devolp from within, and how they are attracting major league talent! I remember when Smolinski was the most major league player who wanted to come to Ottawa cause of the talent we had assembled... but nothing like Arnott, Karyia, and Forsberg (had to waive his no-trade clause)... I might say I'm a little jelous... but that would be stupid.