Jambands.ca

Open Mic Night Sunday in Toronto... I'm playing too!

Jaimoe

Open Mic Night at Spirit's Bar & Grill starts around 8:00 and ends at 11:30ish. I've played around six of them so far. It's a low-key affair with two or three guys running the show - two guitars and one keyboard player. You can join them or perform alone or with your non-drum band.

I'm thinking of doing a really low-fi Dreams and a couple of originals.

Spirit's is on the corner of Hayden & Church Streets, one block south of Bloor @ Church. Note: It's not a gay bar... not that there's anything wrong with that.

there better not be anything wrong with that J.

I might be up for it. I used to go to this full band open jam on Sundays at a place called Scruffy Murphy's on Eglington, east of Young. Sunday nights make for harsh Monday mornings, but Church and Hayden is a bit closer.

Good on you, Dave, and screw you for never getting out to a Gypsy Monday night jam ;) .

I made it out to the Georgetown last night for the first time for their open-mic, and found a pretty good scene. [sorry, Ottawa content here] I don't think more than two people in the room had ever heard of Bruce Cockburn, though, which always takes a bit of the wind out of my sails if I find myself playing alone and thinking up tunes on the spot to play.

I love open-stages.