Jambands.ca

Kevin Breit on HDNET

ollie

is this from the church taping on queen east?

That's what I thought but it was just Kevin' date=' no Sisters and no discernible audience. It was produced by Bravo I believe.

[/quote']

It was produced for Bravo!. I made a VHS copy for Velvet two or three years ago.

Is it the same program I noted a while back? I'm not sure, because the one I saw had an upright bassist accompanying Kevin, but ollie said the one he saw was just Kevin.

Sounds like it. The name of the show I'm talking about is "Solos: The Jazz Sessions". But I don't see a bass player.

Is it the same program I noted a while back? I'm not sure' date=' because the one I saw had an upright bassist accompanying Kevin, but ollie said the one he saw was just Kevin.[/quote']

Sounds like it. The name of the show I'm talking about is "Solos: The Jazz Sessions". But I don't see a bass player.

Kevin may have been on twice or he was on a different show entirely.

[color:red]Fri., Mar. 9th 5:00 AM ET

Ol' Dirty Bastard aka Dirt McGirt

- Free to Be Dirty Live - Ol' Dirty Bastard, Russell Tyrone Jones, is a founding member of Staten Island's highly influential Wu-Tang Clan crew. His first solo album, Return to the 36 Chambers, featured such tracks as "Brooklyn Zoo", "Cuttin' Headz" and "Snakes' and featured the familiar beats of the Wu-Tang Clan's producer, RZA. He has contributed to other Wu-Tang Clan projects including Pras' 1998 international hit single, "Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)". In September 1999 he released N***a Please.

I've seen a number of the Solo Sessions since I indirectly work for Bravo! This one is fantastic, especially listening to Murley talking about playing with the Dead:

Sun., Mar. 4th 6:00 AM ET Solos: The Jazz Sessions - Extended: Mike Murley - Saxophone & Effects - Murley has released seven critically acclaimed recordings as a leader. His Conversation Piece CD received the 1997 Jazz Report Award for best album. He was also a four-time recipient of the Jazz Report Award for tenor saxophonist of the year during the 1990s. More recently Murley was voted saxophonist of the year for the 2002 and 2004 National Jazz Awards.

Edited by Guest