Jambands.ca

White Stripes to play all 10 provinces

dave-O

Interesting, ambitious tour plans.

http://www.whitestripes.com/lo-fi/news.html

With unbridled enthusiasm for the June release of 'Icky Thump', various publications and web sites have posted a North American tour routing that holds no semblance of reality. Indeed, it looks like their journalists simply found and printed the tour routing the band did in support of their 2005 release, 'Get Behind Me Satan'.

In fact, The White Stripes have yet to confirm their North American routing as of yet. But we are happy to say that it will include all 10 provinces and 3 territories of Canada, as well as the remaining 16 states of the United States the band have yet to play. A few major markets that have been journeyed to in the past will be also be included.

The North American tour will start in the state of Tennessee.

Best Regards,

hey' date=' the Iqaluit Legion Hall is just as good as the Mississauga Hershey Center. why not? :) [/quote']

I had a beer at the Iqaluit Legion! Branch 168 represent. A fine venue indeed :)

exactly, and really how hard is it to fly up a drum kit and an old guitar. meg can sit on jack's lap in the plane too ... because really , weve never been too sure what's going on with them.

hey' date=' the Iqaluit Legion Hall is just as good as the Mississauga Hershey Center. why not? :) [/quote']

I had a beer at the Iqaluit Legion! Branch 168 represent. A fine venue indeed :)

as did I, and there was a band playing too!

another Iqaluit venue is the high school auditorium.

also, interesting that the tour will start in tennessee... i wonder if they are finally answering my call to play at bonnaroo....

apparently i missed the fact that it was already announced that the stripes are playing bonnaroo this year. sweet! and apparently the Roots were added recently.