Jambands.ca

Toronto FC / MLS

ollie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove by the stadium twice today. It looks good. Nice seats and the openness of the stadium works perfect for the C.N.E.. The only big problem is that there's no pubs within a 15 minute walking distance. But, it is on the Bathurst streetcar line, which goes right by the Wheat Sheaf = 10 minute streetcar ride or less.

They are building some kind of beer garden outside the stadium, so that will do in a pinch. The Wheat Sheaf isn't far away and you could walk to the stadium from there in 15 minutes or go to Ontario Place for beer. There's a couple of pubby sort of restaurants on site there.

The only big problem is that there's no pubs within a 15 minute walking distance.
The Wheat Sheaf isn't far away and you could walk to the stadium from there in 15 minutes...

True Ollie, I thought of my mixed message. But, if the beer garden prices are outrageous, then hiking it for 15 minutes isn't the worst option. I was kinda hoping a pub would be within crawling distance to and from the stadium.

• 2 weeks later...
i remember he was alright in his sunderland days, looking pretty long in the tooth now though

7 goals over 2 Championship seasons isn't a ringing endorsement for a striker.

Could be interesting if Toronto continues to stink it up in front of their sold out crowds.

I just watched the game on CBC. The commentator sux balls. Craig Forrest is alright. The team really needs a confidence boost but it looks like once they get it, the results will come. The supporters really turned out and thats great to see.

The guy doing play-by-play, Nigel Reed, is a news announcer on The Fan 590. It was his first game ever and it showed. I think they gave him the job because of his English accent. Still, he can only get better, right?

The crowd was great and the atmosphere translated to TV. Made me wish I was there. This was the first MLS match I've seen that didn't look like a farce. I really wanted a goal to see that place explode. I just wish the broadcast was in HD.