Jambands.ca

RollCall:DieselDog/UncleSeth@RanchoTOTues!

Mr. Musicface

I'm moving at the end of September - first and last months rent paid 2 weeks ago. I won't be seeing my last months rent until October. Also, I have to hire movers.

Jeff Beck is a guitar-hero of mine, but I've seen BB and Galactic ( twice ). I've never seen Beck, so I'm making a game-day decision on this one.

quote:

(Also, if the US/DD show starts at 11pm, you might have enough time to make both, since, IIRC, the Molson Amp has to shut down around 11pm.)

Yup, that's the idea exactly! [big Grin]

Jaimoe, glad you're going man. I caught Beck with SRV at Stevie's last show at the Dome just before he died. Wow, what a night that was!

Enjoy,

- M.

I've been a Beck fan since the first day I heard his first album: Truth. I must have been around 8-9 years old. Let's just say it was some time in the 70s.

I can't make any promises for Uncle Seth tonight, but catching your band this summer is a music priority for me, along with catching Dr. Huxtable and Blue Grassy High.

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Musicface:

I caught Beck with SRV at Stevie's last show at the Dome just before he died. Wow, what a night that was!

With Jeff Healey opening, too; I was there as well. That was the kick-off to a weekend that had me going to Kingston the next morning to finish construction of and attend the Queen's Engineering Science Formal [at which I saw Messenjah], and also making an unexpected purchase of a guitar [the orange/gold Ibanez which some have seen me play]. And then, on Monday night, I caught Steve Morse Band at the Diamond.

Kind of reminds me of weekends I've had this year... [big Grin]

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

I hate to ask, because I know it'll be worth it. But... What's cover for tonight?

Strangely enough, I don't think I ever asked when I booked this with the DD guys! This is why I'm never gonna get rich in the music business... well along with those silly dedication & talent issues. [Wink]

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it'll probably be about 5 or 6 bucks - can any of the Diesel Dogs confirm?

- M.

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Musicface:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it'll probably be about 5 or 6 bucks - can any of the Diesel Dogs confirm?

- M. [/QB]

Musicface, you forgot to add the Jay Moonah service charges onto the ticket price: $5.00, plus Moonah charges = $45.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

Musicface, you forgot to add the Jay Moonah service charges onto the ticket price: $5.00, plus Moonah charges = $45.

Hey, HEY, it's NOT a $45 charge! Let's break it down properly:

Moonah Service Charge: $8.25

Jeff Jones Guitar Pedal Convenience Charge: $11.45

Tara's "are you sure I don't look fat in this?" charge: $4.25

Tara's "are you sure my voice sounds okay?" charge: $5.25

Diesel Dog's "how the hell are we gonna fit all these friggin' people on this wee stage?" charge: $7.75

DieselDoug's "who says I can't play tambourine with every band on the planet?" charge: $7.50

which of course if you add it all up, is definitely less than 45 dollars!

Shame on you Jaimoe, shame!

- M.

Musicface, you'll need all the service charge money you can get. When you make it big, you're going to have plenty of lawsuits on your hands for ripping-off harp licks from all of the following:

John Popper

Little Walter

Charlie Musselwhite

James Cotton

Sugar Blue

Rod Piazza

Paul Butterfield

Sonny Boy Williamson

Toots Theilemans

quote:

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

Jeff Beck is a guitar-hero of mine, but I've seen BB and Galactic ( twice ). I've never seen Beck, so I'm making a game-day decision on this one.

No offence to either US or DD, but when are you going to get a chance to see Jeff Beck again? (Also, if the US/DD show starts at 11pm, you might have enough time to make both, since, IIRC, the Molson Amp has to shut down around 11pm.)

Aloha,

Brad

Nice Jaimoe but you left out Lee Oskar, Howard Levy, Kelly Hoppe, Benjamin Darvill, Larry Adler and, who could forget, the great Magic Dick!

CH thanks for the props! Yeh, unfortunately the sets were quite truncated due to alleged recent complaints of neighbors - apparently they've taken to calling the cops when things are loud later than midnight! It was a great time though, thanks to all that came out, I think I can safely speak for both bands in saying we had a wicked time.

Peace,

Mr. M.

P.S. Oh, and I realized my earlier tambourine joke should have been directed at Dale - my apologies to Doug, and to his family and pets, if any.

fun times last night,,, thanks for the disc deisel dog [smile] i enjoyed that on the ride home.

tons of fun but MAN! that was THE hottest bar ive ever been in, honestly once i made it up those stairs the sweat began,, holy moly.

good jams by all though,, it was fun to see mr M get up with the dog and jam out a few too,,

man neighbours beside bars have got to grow up,, they know what theyre getting into when they move in,, why do they think they can complain and kill the bars buisness.

ah well

great show [smile]

Archived